5 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Why shouldn't he be angry? Parking in Castletown isn't great & they have the whole of Castle Rushen grounds & gardens to hold street markets & stuff

The castle is much underused & underappreciated, even by MNH itself

Err, he's always angry. Like about everything. Also, parking in Castletown is fine, there's a lot of it if you are either prepared to walk more than 10 feet or horror of horrors pay 20p if you can't find a free space. And the butcher is perpetually angry, I don't know what's up with him.

• Like 1
  • Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A town or village need hub facilitys. A bank, pharmacy, doctors, post office, newsagent, cafe spring to mind. Economic pressure and online alternatives have slowly removed the social fabric of towns b

I'll be running a mobile cash collection service for all of the businesses affected from January 2021. Just deposit your days takings with me and I'll definitely be back in the morning with change for

There really is a load of rubbish being talked about this!!  To understand the reasoning behind these decisions one must first understand how the Banks used to operate and how they have to operat

Posted Images

He's probably perpetually angry 'cause Castletown Commissioners have to be the least achieving on the island & he has to pay them rates

At least he can calm himself chopping dead animals into bits & it's not even illegal

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

He's probably perpetually angry 'cause Castletown Commissioners have to be the least achieving on the island & he has to pay them rates

At least he can calm himself chopping dead animals into bits & it's not even illegal

Do you really think so?

I think they're doing ok considering. The parks staff have had the planters and baskets looking great, the deckchairs are cool, the new skatepark is awesome, free wifi in the square, they were supportive of both the Secret Pizza and Compton Vaults in gaining alcohol licences (historically a tricky subject in Castletown), the library is good for such a small space, their offices got done up, probably cost a fair few bob, but the hall space is for hire and is used fairly well. That Hugo guy who works in there is approachable and informative too. Also, the party over the big weekend, organised by one of the commissioners was really good.

There are things I don't like, such as their support for more houses at Knock Rushen, but as far as local authorities go, they're not too bad.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

It's not much of a protest, not even a single placard. Maybe 50 people, mostly old. Cregeen holding court, Molutan on site. The angry butcher is in the thick of it but as he opposes closing the square to parking in the summer he can sod off.

Did Roger Mexico's top totty to the front protest theory work out?

1 hour ago, Donald Trumps said:

The castle is much underused & underappreciated, even by MNH itself

I'm surprised they haven't had it thatched, given their attitude to bogus heritage and culture.

One thing which would definitely improve the place would be to strip out the daft tat and clutter it's been filled up with over the years - the mannequins and reproductions.

2 minutes ago, pongo said:

I'm surprised they haven't had it thatched, given their attitude to bogus heritage and culture.

One thing which would definitely improve the place would be to strip out the daft tat and clutter it's been filled up with over the years - the mannequins and reproductions.

MNH are not a museum of museums, you know