• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A town or village need hub facilitys. A bank, pharmacy, doctors, post office, newsagent, cafe spring to mind. Economic pressure and online alternatives have slowly removed the social fabric of towns b

I'll be running a mobile cash collection service for all of the businesses affected from January 2021. Just deposit your days takings with me and I'll definitely be back in the morning with change for

There really is a load of rubbish being talked about this!!  To understand the reasoning behind these decisions one must first understand how the Banks used to operate and how they have to operat

Posted Images

As mentioned previously branches are very costly to run in term of staff costs, premises,rates , IT etc.

the footflow through is reducing but costs aren’t, the customers using the counter are either loss making personal customers who get account for free or marginal small businesses.

the larger businesses don’t tend to need counter service and managers go to them 

3 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Not even Jez the cat could be bothered turning up.

Why can't all those tables & the fussball machine be put in the Speaker's Garden - has the Speaker refused permission?

8 hours ago, ThreeRaccoonsInATrenchCoat said:

That's correct. RBS / IOM Bank on the Isle of Man is reliant on cash injections from the UK owners. 

Do you mean Royal Bank of Scotland International Limited? the PBT for the FYE 2019 was £293 Million, and there were retained earnings in excess of £1.4B -  from reading the accounts I can't see how the closing of a couple of branches is a viability issue, 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, manx-person said:

Do you mean Royal Bank of Scotland International Limited? the PBT for the FYE 2019 was £293 Million, and there were retained earnings in excess of £1.4B -  from reading the accounts I can't see how the closing of a couple of branches is a viability issue, 

RBSI is servicing a lot of debt and like other banks will expect to report a considerable loss due to Covid. No need to stay in the stone age.

5 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

Why can't all those tables & the fussball machine be put in the Speaker's Garden - has the Speaker refused permission?

Because the speakers garden is MNH, and the tables are CC. I don't understand why you want the square to be a fucking car park.

17 minutes ago, manx-person said:

Have you looked at their financial accounts and their asset quality sector and stage ladders? 

Accounts yes, other no. All banks are expecting losses, makes sense to close branches when people do have an alternative. Plenty of oldies round me who never visit a bank.

12 hours ago, Banker said:

As mentioned previously branches are very costly to run in term of staff costs, premises,rates , IT etc.

the footflow through is reducing but costs aren’t, the customers using the counter are either loss making personal customers who get account for free or marginal small businesses.

the larger businesses don’t tend to need counter service and managers go to them 

Maybe some of these 'loss making personal customers' introduce significant corporate business in their day jobs, and perhaps some of them (concerned at the lack of community focus and consultation and provision of alternative service models) may elect to put business elsewhere.

• Like 1