Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
WTF

Spelling

20 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

She's still alive apparently after what has been a rather hard life - though maybe not in the way you would expect (she lost her parents to the Nazis, a husband to a robbery,  and ex and a child to traffic accidents).  The story of the woman who directed that film is fairly extraordinary as well.

Yes, but that kind of movie is for the retarded. It was that also in 1974.

The whole exploitation genre in the 70s was so degenerate.

My mother who was somewhat deaf invariably referred to the Soviet Premier Kosygin as "Mr Cosy Gin".

11 hours ago, finlo said:

Susstificate, chimily, ambleance etc etc.

And that dramatic component of any Manx football match...the pelanty!

• Haha 1

The Manxies on Manx Radio for example, pick up on these silly words, and with them being a bit unintelligent like, the next thing you know it's in the official manx lexicon. It's all a bit of a grin.

Manx Dyslexia Soc. have a report on MR. about our poking fun at the spelling mistakes here on MF.?

While I think that most of our comments were a bit of fun aimed, not at Dyslexics but at the absurdity of the road crews which were simply spelling mistakes such as we all do occasionally.

The irony is that the MR report itself had some grammar  clangers in it!!! As do a lot of their content.

There are several posters on here who are dyslexic, we should all recognise who and avoid poking fun at their mistakes.

Absolutely NO mention of MF in that report though was there? 

And where were the "grammar clangers" in MR's report about dyslexia? They do drop the occasional clanger but that report you referred to seemed unusually flawless... 

I think we class as 'Social Media'?

I think they do drop quite a few, mostly clunky sentence structure.

This?

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/local-dyslexic-pleas-for-empathy/

It doesn't mention MF.

Anyway it was Tim Baker in defence of the poorly painted road sign that raised the prospect of dyslexia. And, as a dyslexic, I thought that was the only out of order comment I've seen, until that clip on Manx Radio anyway. Dyslexia may cause spelling errors, but not checking causes them to reach a wider audience. And how dare that woman say we don't know how to spell. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kopek said:

I think we class as 'Social Media'?

I think they do drop quite a few, mostly clunky sentence structure.

You were being a bit specific, I thought. 

28 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Manx Dyslexia Soc. have a report on MR. about our poking fun at the spelling mistakes here on MF.?

29 minutes ago, Kopek said:

While I think that most of our comments were a bit of fun aimed, not at Dyslexics but at the absurdity of the road crews which were simply spelling mistakes such as we all do occasionally.

The irony is that the MR report itself had some grammar  clangers in it!!! As do a lot of their content.

There are several posters on here who are dyslexic, we should all recognise who and avoid poking fun at their mistakes.

...as *does a lot of their content

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, quilp said:

And where were the "grammar clangers" in MR's report about dyslexia? They do drop the occasional clanger but that report you referred to seemed unusually flawless... 

Local dyslexic pleas for empathy

This is incorrect grammatically

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

As any fule kno...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

Missing the apostrophe?