Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
hissingsid

Gutter press

Why are the media so intent on taking last weeks , and before, stories and rehashing them to stir the pot.  Firstly they refer to Chris Thomas as the sacked Minister every time his name is mentioned.   This happened weeks ago, old news, and he is getting on with his job of a back bencher, he knows he was sacked, we know he was sacked, it is old news but they keep bringing it up for no good reason.   Today in the Courier they tell of the Stu story, quite a lengthy piece with pictures to boot.   This has been settled, he is going back on air, no calls, fine , but no  :angry:,,inside a square box they have asked readers to let them know if they agree with the result, write them letters, send them emails.....for goodness sake talk about poking an ants nest :crying:   there have been petitions etc loads of comments on face book....game over.   This nasty habit of trying to stir the pot makes me sick.     Pathetic.

• Like 3

Id love one of them (or an MHK for that matter) to ask why a car park has reopened on the Lord Street site and what the developers future plans are. 

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Why are the media so intent on taking last weeks , and before, stories and rehashing them to stir the pot. 

CoMin instructions it reads like. It feels like there is some sort of proper campaign on to try to undermine his credibility. 

• Sad 1

How are the general public to find out the results of the IOMCC investigation if the media don't report on it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

..   Today in the Courier they tell of the Stu story, quite a lengthy piece with pictures to boot.   This has been settled, he is going back on air, no calls, fine , but no  :angry:,,inside a square box they have asked readers to let them know if they agree with the result, write them letters, send them emails.....for goodness sake talk about poking an ants nest :crying:   there have been petitions etc loads of comments on face book....game over.   This nasty habit of trying to stir the pot makes me sick.     Pathetic.

'Someone' at Isle of Man Newspapers doesn't like the result and is stirring it because they can and because it gives them a warm fuzzy glow.

There's no moving on until they've had a good scream and a shit stir.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

Why are the media so intent on taking last weeks , and before, stories and rehashing them to stir the pot.  Firstly they refer to Chris Thomas as the sacked Minister every time his name is mentioned.   This happened weeks ago, old news, and he is getting on with his job of a back bencher, he knows he was sacked, we know he was sacked, it is old news but they keep bringing it up for no good reason.   Today in the Courier they tell of the Stu story, quite a lengthy piece with pictures to boot.   This has been settled, he is going back on air, no calls, fine , but no  :angry:,,inside a square box they have asked readers to let them know if they agree with the result, write them letters, send them emails.....for goodness sake talk about poking an ants nest :crying:   there have been petitions etc loads of comments on face book....game over.   This nasty habit of trying to stir the pot makes me sick.     Pathetic.

I don't know how old you are Sid, but if we were putting IOM Newspapers in the tabloid or broadsheet category, they would sit squarely in the former.  If you agree with me, I can't see how you can be surprised by the bollocks that they produce!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

I don't know how old you are Sid, but if we were putting IOM Newspapers in the tabloid or broadsheet category, they would sit squarely in the former.  If you agree with me, I can't see how you can be surprised by the bollocks that they produce!

IOMN take a pop at MR whenever they can - it’s nursery school stuff. Ironically of course IOMN report is incorrect. It asserts that the Communications Commission ‘cleared’ Stu Peters. No it didn’t; because he was never ‘on trial’. The CC established that Manx Radio didn’t breach the broadcasting code.

On the wider canvas, Boo Gay’n is entirely correct. IOMN products are, put simply, shite.

Edited by Uhtred
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

IOMN take a pop at MR whenever they can

Good. Million quid a year ffs.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

......IOMN products are, put simply, shite.

As my old Da would say, Uhtred, "always one for the bon mot".  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, hissingsid said:

wouldn't worry about it too much. No fecker reads the shite anyway... ;)

• Like 1

Wouldn't MR/CC be, sort of, sub judice , especially for other media outlets while waiting for a result???

Of course they are all shit, crap, rubbish anyway!!!

( nearly forgot to criticise/critizize them all then).:P

4 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Wouldn't MR/CC be, sort of, sub judice , especially for other media outlets while waiting for a result???

Of course they are all shit, crap, rubbish anyway!!!

( nearly forgot to criticise/critizize them all then).:P

Keep up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To be fair the print media will always be a few days behind breaking news but have their role 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I kept up, the CC decision is now public, therefore, IOMNP, are now free to give/ask for opinions.

It would have appeared like rivalry of the media providers to have jumped the gun?

Or, did you mean my, staged critisism, was outdated?

Edited by Kopek

10 minutes ago, Kopek said:

I kept up, the CC decision is now public, therefore, IOMNP, are now free to give/ask for opinions.

It would have appeared like rivalry of the media providers to have jumped the gun?

Or, did you mean my, staged critisism, was outdated?

So why did you refer to sub judice?  Just your point is odd. 

• Thanks 1