53 minutes ago, Pstans66 said:

Tracking and tracing is all good and well but with the stats IOM / global health bodies have posted regarding asymptomatic carriers, the amount of people that the virus can be transmitted to without suitable distancing  and the incubation period without symptoms, it could then be too late? 

My question was  exactly as Mr Newbie surmised; If these key workers aren't isolating, are they distancing, is anyone checking this? I think it would be naive to presume it's only the construction industry that have key workers arriving, so how many people are coming across without isolating? 

I'm not saying that it's not without issue, I was merely responding to @Neil Down saying that the borders might as well be open when that's clearly a different level of risk altogether.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Jesus this is like East Germany. FFS is its bothering you, report them via the 111 covid Line. Posting on a web forum changes fuck all.

Stan, if you want the numbers do you think its best to whine like a baby on a forum, or go and look for the answers yourself? I found the data easily enough.

I was asking a question, looking for answers. Not sure how fruitful a call to the 111 line would be to be honest... Sorry mr angry. 

Thanks for your research, since you've been successful could you tell me how many key workers have arrived on the island that are not required to self isolate for 14 days? and if  there are any precautions in place to stop them passing the virus to local workers whilst here? 

Sorry if that comes across as moany :( 

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Jesus this is like East Germany. FFS is its bothering you, report them via the 111 covid Line. Posting on a web forum changes fuck all.

So the government can compel me to live in East Germany under fear of arrest and under extreme threatened potential penalties for breaching it’s rules. But anyone expecting the government to be doing the same in respect of its own workers is being unreasonable? Sorry but all private people are still subject to 14 days quarantine and social isolation under fear of arrest (in fact one has already been sent to prison) to apparently “protect” society from harm so why aren’t road diggers on DOI contracts subject to the exact same restrictions when they aren’t even required to take sensible precautions when working with other workers? 

Edited by Mr Newbie

The government need to restrict entry to those that comply to the repatriation, and key workers, but test every one entering and get the results pronto, perhaps with only a day's isolation required. This would then allow Manx residents and key workers to travel from anywhere in the world deemed semi safe. There will always be a risk, but acceptable if kept low.

Really don't understand why this isn't being done.

2 hours ago, Mr Newbie said:

So the government can compel me to live in East Germany under fear of arrest and under extreme threatened potential penalties for breaching it’s rules. But anyone expecting the government to be doing the same in respect of its own workers is being unreasonable? Sorry but all private people are still subject to 14 days quarantine and social isolation under fear of arrest (in fact one has already been sent to prison) to apparently “protect” society from harm so why aren’t road diggers on DOI contracts subject to the exact same restrictions when they aren’t even required to take sensible precautions when working with other workers? 

Exaggerate much...

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Exaggerate much...

How is that an exaggeration Sid? There is a man up in Jurby currently who was imprisoned for not quarantining properly. Those are East German tactics. While at the same time “key workers” have been let off with fines and suspended sentences and sent back to the UK. One (oppressive) rule for one type of citizen and quite different rules for others. 

11 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

The two that went before the bench were in work the next day saying they had been watching the footie in two pubs and some one reported them. No checks or balances by this Government

I don't think the Govt can individually chaperone each person.  They need to take responsibility and if caught acting against the rules then dealt with severely.