Jump to content

Petition For Removal of Bus/Cycle Lane - Glencrutchery Road


Recommended Posts

Everyone see's the issue except it would seem CM and his merrymen ! You know if someone grew some balls and once and for all sorted DOI they could write their ticket but me thinks it needs Chief Secretary onside and there I feel lies the problem .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No one is denying that there will be extra traffic coming through because of the Prom closure to North to South traffic.  The question is whether the best way to deal with increased traffic is to put

Yes I went through before and the tailbacks were huge for a Sunday afternoon. The queue for the lights was almost back to the junction to go to Police HQ. It’s pathetic. They just need to stop doing t

Ask yourself, was there any point in introducing it in the first instance? 

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Mr Newbie said:

Gawne admitted on Twitter last year that he would probably still be in if it wasn’t for his post at the DOI. It’s the poison chalice none of them want at election time. 

I would think they all learned a lesson in the foolhardiness of telling the truth about something over that episode. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Everyone see's the issue except it would seem CM and his merrymen ! You know if someone grew some balls and once and for all sorted DOI they could write their ticket but me thinks it needs Chief Secretary onside and there I feel lies the problem .

Just how would you sort the DOI out ? No matter how big your balls are, that is a challenge for anyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Just how would you sort the DOI out ? No matter how big your balls are, that is a challenge for anyone.

It would be very easy for the right person. Brutal. Robertshaw would be ideal as he doesn’t take shit from anyone. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Manx Expat said:

It would be very easy for the right person. Brutal. Robertshaw would be ideal as he doesn’t take shit from anyone. 

If only. Robertshaw has his own agenda

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Manx Expat said:

It would be very easy for the right person. Brutal. Robertshaw would be ideal as he doesn’t take shit from anyone. 

Churned out plenty in his time.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Just how would you sort the DOI out ? No matter how big your balls are, that is a challenge for anyone.

No your totally correct . But it has to be done as whats happening now cant carry on. Firstly we cant afford it and secondly we need to bring some credibility back to that department . Someone has to try ..

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

I would think they all learned a lesson in the foolhardiness of telling the truth about something over that episode. 

Gawne's rushed through farmers grants "I'll look after you boys" and his scant regard for public money were his undoing !

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LightBulb said:

Would a Tuk Tuk be classed as a bicycle ?, i can see a business opportunity here !

It’s motorised. Why would it classify as a bicycle? Has someone turned the dimmer down further?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

When you tax a motorcycle in the UK, the category is 'bicycle'.

Actually, trikes form a bit of a grey area. A motorcycle to which a sidecar has been added is still a 2-wheeler. Those weird motorcycles from Yamaha and others, with 2 front wheels, are still bicycles. Something designed from the outset as a 3-wheeler, like a Reliant Robin,  can be taxed as a car or a motorcycle. You may choose to register it as either, depending on what driving licence you have.

Pretty sure I've seen a TukTuk on the Island. Annual road tax £25? get in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bombay Bad Boy said:

When you tax a motorcycle in the UK, the category is 'bicycle'.

Actually, trikes form a bit of a grey area. A motorcycle to which a sidecar has been added is still a 2-wheeler. Those weird motorcycles from Yamaha and others, with 2 front wheels, are still bicycles. Something designed from the outset as a 3-wheeler, like a Reliant Robin,  can be taxed as a car or a motorcycle. You may choose to register it as either, depending on what driving licence you have.

Pretty sure I've seen a TukTuk on the Island. Annual road tax £25? get in.

No, it’s not, it’s categorised as a motorcycle (with or without sidecar ). There is a tricycle category as well.

Whatever they’re called, whatever their tax category, however many wheels, side car or not, the distinguishing factor between a motorbike, trike and bicycle is they are powered, not pedalled.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...