Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Petition

Petition For Removal of Bus/Cycle Lane - Glencrutchery Road

7 hours ago, woolley said:

The tape will be slippery too. What happens when someone goes arse over tit on that?

Or when a loop of it becomes unstuck and somebody gets their foot/ankle caught in it?

But think of the man hours that can be expended renewing all this tape on a regular basis into the future. DOI result!

• Like 1

Thought I saw on one of the government Twitter accounts last night that there’s going to be a “return lane” along the prom. I wonder if that’s a precursor to the bus lane being dropped at St Ninians. 

2 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I drove up through from Quarterbridge to Onchan at about 5 20pm yesterday.  No traffic issues at all in either direction.  I was quite surprised.

That's because they only snarled it up for cars going in the other direction

4 hours ago, The Old Git said:

Thought I saw on one of the government Twitter accounts last night that there’s going to be a “return lane” along the prom. I wonder if that’s a precursor to the bus lane being dropped at St Ninians. 

I put the full press release (which has a bit more detail than the Manx Radio piece) on the Prom thread where I thought it was more appropriate.  I don't know if it will have much effect on the Glencrutchery mess-ups directly, because no one will be going round the full loop except Longworth's pointless buses.  But it might mean more people going into town.

4 hours ago, manxman34 said:

That's because they only snarled it up for cars going in the other direction

Or because the guide dog was driving. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

Or because the guide dog was driving. 

I was quite surprised given the amount of bellyaching on here about it.   I was going to cut the whole lot out via Port e Chee and Johnny Wattersons Lane to get to Onchan but thought I'd have a nose at the top and see how it was.  No issues in either direction at all.  Very simple travel through Governors and on to Onchan.  Worst queue was Manx Arms lights back to the roundabout.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

There were no issues at all in either direction. 

Because at that time of day the traffic flow is mostly out of town.

• Thanks 1

For me the issue is going to Onchan from Victoria Road you have to wait until there is a gap in two lots of traffic if the traffic is moving slowly not too bad but if as yesterday a driver from Douglas came at it full pelt, Ihad to stop, the Onchan traffic to Douglas had to stop until a kind driver let me filter in and down the dip.    I was discussing this with a friend today and the same thing had happened to them, it is crackers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

For me the issue is going to Onchan from Victoria Road you have to wait until there is a gap in two lots of traffic if the traffic is moving slowly not too bad but if as yesterday a driver from Douglas came at it full pelt, Ihad to stop, the Onchan traffic to Douglas had to stop until a kind driver let me filter in and down the dip.    I was discussing this with a friend today and the same thing had happened to them, it is crackers.

Very few drivers observing the 20MPH signs there. They need speed bumps NOW, even if it only prevents one accident

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

...yesterday a driver from Douglas came at it full pelt, I had to stop...

Pound to a penny that was Dangler's :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3