Petition For Removal of Bus/Cycle Lane - Glencrutchery Road

3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

It's just part of the "temporary" traffic/bus redirection system pending completion of the Promenade project isn't it? Have to say I avoid it and the tailbacks like the plague and go down Johnny W's, it's just not worth the hassle.

Are you joking? It's just a coned mess for no reason.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No one is denying that there will be extra traffic coming through because of the Prom closure to North to South traffic.  The question is whether the best way to deal with increased traffic is to put

Yes I went through before and the tailbacks were huge for a Sunday afternoon. The queue for the lights was almost back to the junction to go to Police HQ. It’s pathetic. They just need to stop doing t

Ask yourself, was there any point in introducing it in the first instance? 

Posted Images

I cant get my head round people who are still going up Victoria Road from Shoprite and still complaining about it being difficult to turn right at the top. 

Just now, ian rush said:

I cant get my head round people who are still going up Victoria Road from Shoprite and still complaining about it being difficult to turn right at the top. 

Especially when you can’t ;). It is a game of chance though as nobody is obeying the 20 MPH restriction. If I could be arsed , I would edit the card in my dash cam and show just how many effing idiots are on our roads

• Like 1

In other surprise news - what with the prom being closed - QB road going southbound was busier than usual (i.e queue back past selborne drive). The st ninians bus lane and rearranged victoria road have nothing to do with that.

What theyve done seems to work and theres not a lot can be done about extra traffic on Main Rd Onchan and joining off Blackberry Lane in morning peak. 

Not the pub view i know, but best of a bad job. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ian rush said:

In other surprise news - what with the prom being closed - QB road going southbound was busier than usual (i.e queue back past selborne drive). The st ninians bus lane and rearranged victoria road have nothing to do with that.

What theyve done seems to work and theres not a lot can be done about extra traffic on Main Rd Onchan and joining off Blackberry Lane in morning peak. 

Not the pub view i know, but best of a bad job. 

Careful now.  We don't tolerate anything remotely positive on here.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ian rush said:

How do you know?  If you make changes to any system it can have all sorts of effects in non-contiguous and non-obvious places.  If drivers are taking action to avoid those places or if the traffic flow through them is altered in some way (perhaps not even in total number but in pattern) then it will alter things elsewhere.

• Like 1

I think the changes are ok. No worse that uk traffic congestion due to road works. You just need to allow more time for your journey or take an alternate route (JW lane).  Once summer hill and the prom are two way the bus lane will flow better. I imagine that it will be kept, and form part of the active travel schemes. 

17 minutes ago, SBr said:

I think the changes are ok. No worse that uk traffic congestion due to road works. You just need to allow more time for your journey or take an alternate route (JW lane).  Once summer hill and the prom are two way the bus lane will flow better. I imagine that it will be kept, and form part of the active travel schemes. 

:lol:

• Like 2
4 hours ago, SBr said:

Have you seen the queue on Johnny Watterson's lane?

• Like 3
4 hours ago, SBr said:

Once the Prom is two way, the bus land isn't supposed to apply any more.  It's supposed to be temporary. In normal times there are only two buses an hour going along Glencrutchery Road to use it.

• Like 1

And yet another member of the DOI joins us to praise the crackpot, ridiculous, governors bridge challenge.   Coming up Victoria Road and crossing over to go down the dip is a nightmare, cars approaching, well over the speed limit from left and right is madness.

• Like 3

Anybody seen the traffic lights top end of Victoria Road about 20 metres or so from halt sign . Going to cause a big backlog tomorrow I'd say . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Anybody seen the traffic lights top end of Victoria Road about 20 metres or so from halt sign . Going to cause a big backlog tomoorow I'd say . 

Yes, going to be a bloody nightmare tomorrow.

• Like 2
On 7/17/2020 at 5:07 PM, SBr said:

Oh. Yet another idiot 
Did you join just to say that ? FFS