Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Petition

Petition For Removal of Bus/Cycle Lane - Glencrutchery Road

Just now, Neil Down said:

It's always worth pointing out how much of an idiot you are...

Your trolling is incredibly poor. Do you actually add anything to this forum at all other than as a random abuse and snide remarks generator? You appear to be a trolling broken record. It does seem that you might have short term memory issues if you can’t even remember the trolling you’ve done and repeat it! 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Neil Down said:

There are a considerable amount of homeowners with drives who park one or all of their fecking vehicles on the road

I have to agree with that. Some of our neighbours do that.

Edited by Scotty
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I have to agree with that. Some of our neighbours do that.

it's cos they cant reverse into their drives.

• Like 1

Thought everybody should be used to new road layout at governors bridge by now apart from the tosser nearly side swiping me as I was heading in to Douglas, when they after being in the left turn lane decided they wanted to go straight ahead. Oh and the other tosser who thought it was still a roundabout and as I was going along towards Onchan and they were coming up Victoria rd and I should be giving way to them.

2 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Thought everybody should be used to new road layout at governors bridge by now apart from the tosser nearly side swiping me as I was heading in to Douglas, when they after being in the left turn lane decided they wanted to go straight ahead. Oh and the other tosser who thought it was still a roundabout and as I was going along towards Onchan and they were coming up Victoria rd and I should be giving way to them.

An important part of a new road layout is for those familiar with it to respectfully and carefully take into account that most others will not be. Likely people who have been driving the route for decades but will have no idea that the layout has been changed.

When I learned to drive, I was taught that any accident would be my fault if I failed to anticipate the other driver.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 7/5/2020 at 8:22 PM, John Wright said:

@Southfork @Neil Down take a break

Why. What’s wrong with banter.? 
I can’t see what ND has done wrong, or Southfirk.

Yeah but if you let them get away with it once your making a rod for your own back. I worked it out get with the program.

On 7/3/2020 at 5:12 PM, Roger Mexico said:

But all the scheduled buses (not sure about school ones) using that lane are turning left, so they don't need to move to the centre to go ahead or right.

Worth also remembering that this is supposed to be a temporary feature until the prom is no longer one way (though how long that will happen for is another matter) and of course that it was completely illegal as the DoI hadn't bothered with any of the legal formalities.

I have never seen a bus going down Bray Hill, there must be a reason why.

Posted (edited)

Was in the queue for the lights at the grandstand today, people attending a funeral had parked in the northbound carriageway meaning everybody heading south had to drive in the bus/cycle lane to allow traffic for Onchan to pass the parked cars.

Even though I  think the lane is pointless, stupid and increases congestion, the drivers who parked there must be pretty unobservant or lazy

Edited by ellanvannin2010
  • Thanks 1

8.15 this morning the queue was right back beyond the Manx arms!

1 hour ago, LightBulb said:

I have never seen a bus going down Bray Hill, there must be a reason why.

Used to be buses going down as there was a bus shelter on the Left just past the bridge years ago I'm sure . 

• Like 1