Beecroft/Costain Quits

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't get me wrong, I'm not sticking up for her, I just can't abide gossipy Manx-crab nosiness and jealous tittle-tattle as displayed in 2112's post. Rife on this Island. 

How is it "deceitful"? As for "keeping quiet," I'd say she has every right to keep her own personal business quiet, what business is it of yours? If she has private health insurance, really,

Lowey couldn’t fucking spell Moscow, let alone be in their pay. He certainly wasn’t an agent for the towel heads though.

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Rhumsaa said:

also, who's giving up a good job to do it?

Nobody at all.

• Like 1

It is a big ask as the cost must be thousands and loads of time and energy for about a year in the job.   Also anyone currently employed as opposed to people self employed would be risking their employer questioning if they were committed to the the job they were currently doing.  I think anyone really intent on standing would be contemplating leaving it to the GE were at least you have a full term in front of you.

13 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

It is a big ask as the cost must be thousands and loads of time and energy for about a year in the job.   Also anyone currently employed as opposed to people self employed would be risking their employer questioning if they were committed to the the job they were currently doing.  I think anyone really intent on standing would be contemplating leaving it to the GE were at least you have a full term in front of you.

Mr Josem currently has no job I believe so I would say it’s a dead cert he will stand. 

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I think anyone who gets elected will be safe for the General Election as well and they'll have a year to campaign for it at the taxpayers' expense.  Leaving it till 2021 will mean you won't get in.  If you look at all those elected in by-elections in the last Parliament they all got back in (Harmer, Boot, Peake, Thomas, Malarkey) except for Joughin and he only got 159 votes and was then beaten in 2016 by the runner up.  Even if you don't get elected, you've got a good chance of doing so the next time, as with Ashford and Bettison.

I think you're right that at lot of employed people will be cautious, especially with a lot of employment being precarious after the Covid crisis.  But that also applies quite a lot to standing in the general election as well.  And some employers will be fine with it. 

Edited by Roger Mexico
Added links to results.
20 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

What have the Qualtroughs got against the Gawnes?

Further to the previous explanations, over 100 years ago Gawne and Qualtrough sat in the Keys together representing Rushen. That must have been fun.

But there seemed to have been more Qaultrough in family fighting going on. When another Qualtrough stood for a bye-election in Rushen, the sitting Qualtrough said he would resign if the other got in, and campaigned against his namesake, even saying he would resign his seat if he won.

He did win, and the sitting MHK had to keep to his word and resign his seat, sparking another bye-election. It was ok though, he got back in at the general election 18 months later. Hah, hah, but said did the other Qualtrough.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 1

As good as time to stand as any I think,( you may dislike your experience find it to far to frustrating to achieve anything) once in you can pander to and network your electorate so they think your worth a vote in the 5 year mhk payout scheme of the big election, that’s not in the far to distant future, that’s when others may join the race but being in should give you an advantage also you can ask all the right uncomfortable questions in tynwald before your brought in by the whips or the dark lords of the C.S. Seriously good luck to anyone that has the balls to stand in this age but I really do hope we can find some new inspired mhks with there heads out of the sand and who don’t really care or need the 10 grand uplift to keep to there principles and will call out other members or civil servants who don’t perform consistently. 

Edited by GreyWolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, fasdfa343 said:

Finding something disgusting anywhere she regarded. Also, like her antique chief she didn’t sincerely comply with up many of her 100s of questions, as if asking questions had been greater essential than the solutions. As for answers, she didn’t have many herself to [spam link removed] Let’s desire a person who has the purpose of attaining something seems on the subsequent list of applicants.

Is thought not your first language?

• Haha 3
11 hours ago, fasdfa343 said:

Finding something disgusting anywhere she regarded. Also, like her antique chief she didn’t sincerely comply with up many of her 100s of questions, as if asking questions had been greater essential than the solutions. As for answers, she didn’t have many herself to [ Spam link removed] Let’s desire a person who has the purpose of attaining something seems on the subsequent list of applicants.

A full translation of the first Klingon scene in ‘Star Trek - Into Darkness’ is no mean feat...I applaud you. Very well done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2