MT 4G Broadband

Hillside

2 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

Well, what ever it ‘dropped off’ will be bust as the thing never even touched the ground.  

That would be COVID restrictions then.... :lol:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Kopek said:

...but would it be right for a private company offering a private service to private citizens to be fined by a Govt quango???

If you are having a heart attack, I think you can dial 999 for assistance rather than logging on to Manx NHS online service!!!

There is a dearth of Manx NHS info on the interwebs

The Patient Information Centre doesn't exit there - I was very surprised to discover this recently

On 8/26/2020 at 10:09 PM, the stinking enigma said:

I'm finding the ad for upgrade to mt fibre broadband that keeps appearing at the bottom of my manxforums page a little hard to remain equilibrious about right now I must admit. What happened to the one for obtaining a russian bride? I quite liked that one.

I was in the middle of procuirng one when the line went off.....looked really nice tooo!:w00t:

Edited by Apple
forget it - can't be bothered now.

The UK/IOM have fallen 13 places on a league table of global broadband speeds, making them one of the slowest countries in Europe with an average of 37.82 Mbits/sec. (Never experienced anywhere near that at the Northern end of Onchan).

The UK, including the Island are now ranked 22nd out of 29 states in Western Europe, an area that typically dominates the global speed table. 

Eight of the top ten fastest countries in the world for broadband are located in Europe, with the principality of Liechtenstein offering the fastest broadband in the world, at an average speed of 229.98 Mbits/sec. Jersey, Andorra, and Gibraltar (both Islands) rank 2nd, 3rd, and 4th respectively.

MT must be SO proud of themselves!! (sic)

Edited by Sentience
Grammar!

We've had this nonsense before.  As usual this is derived from a press release about cable.co.uk's annual survey, which seems to have been picked up by 3FM and then deleted (it shows up on google but the link 404s)[1].  Before that happened @Sentience must have seen and copied it adding the Isle of Man to the text about the UK.

But even by the limited standards of this criterion that's an odd thing to do because if you look at the map linked above or download the associated Excel dataset:

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/assets.cable.co.uk/broadband-speedtest/worldwide-broadband-speed-league-2020-data.xlsx

you'll see that there is a separate figure provided for the Isle of Man - we're actually at #40 in the rankings compared to #47 for the UK (and #48 for Guernsey).

[1]  There's at least one other media organisation that did that, so it's possible the organisation withdrew the press release for some reason.

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

We've had this nonsense before.  As usual this is derived from a press release about cable.co.uk's annual survey, which seems to have been picked up by 3FM and then deleted (it shows up on google but the link 404s)[1].  Before that happened @Sentience must have seen and copied it adding the Isle of Man to the text about the UK.

But even by the limited standards of this criterion that's an odd thing to do because if you look at the map linked above or download the associated Excel dataset:

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/assets.cable.co.uk/broadband-speedtest/worldwide-broadband-speed-league-2020-data.xlsx

you'll see that there is a separate figure provided for the Isle of Man - we're actually at #40 in the rankings compared to #47 for the UK (and #48 for Guernsey).

[1]  There's at least one other media organisation that did that, so it's possible the organisation withdrew the press release for some reason.

So we aren't well placed to lead the world in internet services.