• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When lockdown started and our company had everyone working from home, I got through the best part of a box of cat5 making cables for them to use to connect to their router instead of using wi-fi.   

I've always suspected deliberate throttling to persuade you to 'upgrade' to a more expensive tariff.

Don't be so defeatist. Nokia engineers have replaced a load of hardware today so even if that didn't fix it it's probably a good upgrade.

Posted Images

Down south internet speeds have never been better and no dropouts. Makes you ask the question is the network ‘ big enough’. With the role out of fibre to homes in rural areas will this put more load on the system?

Obviously, it'll be the DoI - in line with their mandate to inconvenience the whole Island.

They've cut the big shiny cable in the void they found in the prom that said "Isle of Man Internet - Under any circumstances, do NOT cut"

Either that, or it'll be the flies.

13 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

Obviously, it'll be the DoI - in line with their mandate to inconvenience the whole Island.

They've cut the big shiny cable in the void they found in the prom that said "Isle of Man Internet - Under any circumstances, do NOT cut"

Either that, or it'll be the flies.

I heard it was Trump's fault.

***Update***15:19
Investigations with wholesales engineers and vendor are ongoing. We are going to attempt to restore service in full in Peel, St Johns and Kirk Michael in the next hour however this will result in all users disconnecting & reconnecting. Impact currently remains the same.

latest update chez Wi-Manx, anecdotally it seems to be improving.

Whether this means they can get the rest of us online, who knows?

56 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

Down south internet speeds have never been better and no dropouts. Makes you ask the question is the network ‘ big enough’. With the role out of fibre to homes in rural areas will this put more load on the system?

I suspect the the network is plenty big enough and more but much of the traffic is choked to force folk to move up to the more expensive packages.

• Sad 1

The internet connection at my farm was really poor, so I moved the modem to the barn.

Now I have stable wifi

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
Looks like they are going to just 'Switch it off and on again"

giphy.gif
19 m
  · 
**Service Announcement Update 26th August** The current issue affecting broadband services in various areas of the island is still being investigated by Manx Telecom. We have been made aware that in an attempt to restore services, all users will be disconnected and reconnected at approximately 16:30 today (26th August). Please be advised that you may need to reboot your routers.
19 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Electronic voting.

We're a long way from that yet.

Don't be so defeatist. Nokia engineers have replaced a load of hardware today so even if that didn't fix it it's probably a good upgrade.

potatoes.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, slinkydevil said:
Looks like they are going to just 'Switch it off and on again"

giphy.gif
19 m
  · 
**Service Announcement Update 26th August** The current issue affecting broadband services in various areas of the island is still being investigated by Manx Telecom. We have been made aware that in an attempt to restore services, all users will be disconnected and reconnected at approximately 16:30 today (26th August). Please be advised that you may need to reboot your routers.

So they actually are going to try turning it off and on again.