How would you vote  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eligibility To be eligible to receive up to 5 LED bulbs, a member of the household must satisfy at least one of the following criteria: - In receipt of benefits i.e. Income support, Income b

Ok as you clearly are actually a knob, let me answer in terms that your clearly inhibited intellect can process. Some illustrations of the kind of people who should stand for the Keys are: 1

His idiotic support for ending the free movement of people in europe will have cost him. And deservedly so. Fucking brexiteers can all fuck off.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Don’t get into an argument with an idiot. He’ll drag you down to his level then beat you with experience

Ha ha ha ha - I’m to lower class to be dragged to his level but I may photo shoot Myself as middle class to annoy him. In the mooragh park. On sky news. Outside pully. With a kangaroo. 

• Haha 2
40 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

For Clanton yes, if he gets 120 votes he’s done well for a man with a screw loose. . 

If screw loose is the yardstick, think just how many votes you would get...:D

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, ManxKnob said:

Do you think that’s the actual number of people who will vote? 

No, it’s probably more.

Let’s face it, this by-election is telling us what every poster on this site already knows to be true; democracy on this Island lies wheezing its last in a ditch. A slew of candidates, the majority of whom are utterly unelectable, with those who’ve actually managed to produce a half-cogent manifesto being the usual superficial, cliche-peddling chancers and lightweights with their shiny dog-whistles. The talentless striving to thrust their threadbare, meagre, offerings to a completely disinterested electorate. It’s simply bloody awful.

Edited by Uhtred
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
7 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Let’s face it, this by-election is telling us what every poster on this site already knows to be true; democracy on this Island lies wheezing its last in a ditch. A slew of candidates, the majority of whom are utterly unelectable, with those who’ve actually managed to produce a half-cogent manifesto being the usual superficial, cliche-peddling chancers and lightweights with their shiny dog-whistles. The talentless striving to thrust their threadbare, meagre, offerings to a completely disinterested electorate. It’s simply bloody awful.

All fresh meat waiting to be butchered by the IoM's system and CS. Nothing there that's going to present any sort of a challenge. And it's only for a year anyway. No contest.

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Who do you think should stand? What are good qualities these candidates don’t have? 

14 minutes ago, ManxKnob said:

Who do you think should stand? What are good qualities these candidates don’t have? 

Okay, I’ll give you a starter for ten... take a look at the really very good and well reasoned questions for candidates formulated by Alistair Ramsay and published in the Examiner (yes, that rag!). Not one of the manifestos produced by these rag-tag lame ducks comes anywhere near addressing the key issues covered in those questions. So the answer to your first question is very simple; people who can adequately answer Ramsey’s questions.

• Like 1
On 8/13/2020 at 7:29 PM, Declan said:

I can't get past this.

I'm gonna need bullet points -

• A lighthouse isn't a destination.
  • You don't find safety and security at a lighthouse, you find rocks.

[. . .]

• When the Isle of Man is a secure lighthouse will there be a party?

This was written by committee wasn't it??

It seems the lighthouse metaphor is popular with Liberal Vannin.  This is taken from their website:

The Isle of Man might only be a relatively small nation, but Liberal Vannin believes that it can be a shining lighthouse in the ocean: a beacon of prosperity in economic terms, environmental terms, and social terms.

Their PR officer must have fond memories of the Adventures of Portland Bill or something

image.png.f8e03debdd216c4ae31423969e1cc745.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
16 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I mean, isn't the job of a lighthouse to warn of danger and steer you away from the land?

A beacon of light to bring you safely into harbour and avoid the reefs and rocks.

But metaphors are only any good if they’re understood.

Is the LV metaphor weak, or your understanding poor?

55 minutes ago, John Wright said:

A beacon of light to bring you safely into harbour and avoid the reefs and rocks.

But metaphors are only any good if they’re understood.

Is the LV metaphor weak, or your understanding poor?

Well I'm not sure those old lighthouses down near the Sound are designed for that. They're there as an 'OH SHIT TOO FAR, BACK UP BACK UP' aid.

• Like 1