How would you vote  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eligibility To be eligible to receive up to 5 LED bulbs, a member of the household must satisfy at least one of the following criteria: - In receipt of benefits i.e. Income support, Income b

Ok as you clearly are actually a knob, let me answer in terms that your clearly inhibited intellect can process. Some illustrations of the kind of people who should stand for the Keys are: 1

His idiotic support for ending the free movement of people in europe will have cost him. And deservedly so. Fucking brexiteers can all fuck off.

Posted Images

8 hours ago, ManxKnob said:

A64B7C0E-7297-4DBE-84D5-5A07C0F83D6F.jpeg

What does "Claire stated that she was very much conservative in believing to protect the working man" mean? Is that like hunters who help conserve big game by shooting it?

• Haha 2

I guess I'd vote Jessop an environmental voice in Tynwald for a year won't do any harm.

Not sure I'd use my second vote. Maybe HM Sole or Fowler. It's only a year and I'm worried if Josem and Christian get in they'll be a shoo in come the GE.

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, Declan said:

What does "Claire stated that she was very much conservative in believing to protect the working man" mean? Is that like hunters who help conserve big game by shooting it?

I thought that sounded strange as well.  Perhaps it's a reference to the Thatcher-era promotion of small business owners, or a belief that the 'working man' is best protected through low taxes?

In other (incredibly trivial) news, Josem/Liberal Vannin's shining beacon has now changed to a strong beacon. . .

image.png.6117b5d348c606e6c0f330a2175fc73a.png

It almost looks like the sub-Theresa May over use of cheesy slogans and soundbites (specifically, "strong voice" and "shining beacon") has resulted in them all starting to bleed together. At this rate his victory speech will run along the lines of 

Thank you, Douglas bastards. Your vote is a vote for carnage! A vote to ease the beacon! To shining alpaca our beautiful Island!  I have listened hard to all your lighthouses, and pledge to lend my strong voice to strong voice your strong voice. But now is not the time for talk though, so I'll finish by saying just this: unbelievable foodbank; stormy science secrecy monsters; and, lastly, Manx Manx Manx. Thank you.

Bonus points if he does it while faux-casually munching on some toast and wearing nothing but a tartan hat.

Edited by VinnieK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
4 minutes ago, VinnieK said:

In other (incredibly trivial) news, Josem/Liberal Vannin's shining beacon has now changed to a strong beacon. . .

I read that as streaky bacon. So I read his tweet as ...

"I am the streaky bacon in a sea of boiling fat hoping that the electoral spatula will flick me onto the gravy train."

(incidentally why is it a gravy train and not a gravy boat?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
9 hours ago, worlds-greatest-manxman said:

Whatever you thought or think of the now deceased Bill, you think common decency would apply., what a knob, back on topic this is an election thread so do one cretin.

Hey big boy, I think you're going to be disappointed with manxforums.

Topics do tend to drift off subject. And not everyone uses pleasant and obsequious language as you have demonstrated yourself in your 4 posts.

Edited to add:

And big boy, I did not mention anyone's name.

You did.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, 2bees said:

Josem is a nice guy, not a trough feeder.

He's frightening a few of the knockers on here... :flowers:

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

He's frightening a few of the knockers on here... :flowers:

We could do with some of the existing knockers in Tynwald being frightened a bit too...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, VinnieK said:

image.png.6117b5d348c606e6c0f330a2175fc73a.png

I woke up to this on my timeline and was somewhat bemused as to why I was seeing it not being a subscriber to Josem or Lib Van or Douglas South.

Then realised it was my MHK sharing it...... great stuff for Ramsey there....

The pointlessness of party politics on the IOM

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

We could do with some of the existing knockers in Tynwald being frightened a bit too...

Don't worry, once the CS get their hands on him he'll end up being all puppy-like.

11 hours ago, VinnieK said:

I also thought Quine might have undersold himself, but it's kind of understandable if he did though ; I don't think he had any political experience or, until recently, aspirations.

Mind you, there's always next year if he's still keen.

He’s a bright guy though he should have pushed himself more. 

1 hour ago, Declan said:

(incidentally why is it a gravy train and not a gravy boat?)

I think it originated from american railroad slang in the 1800's so the gravy went to the train rather than the vessel coming to the gravy

2 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

He’s a bright guy though he should have pushed himself more. 

Working on his presentation a bit more would alone do wonders. Not that I'm arguing for the level of spin and bluster employed in other candidates' campaigns: just holding himself a bit better, being a bit more prepared, and speaking with a little more confidence would have made a big difference.