How would you vote  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

I once met an American couple who lived in rural Montana. They were real movie aficionados and their nearest cinema was 90 miles away. They sometimes made the 180 mile round trip for a night at the movies three times a week. 

wasn't Alan Bell and Eddie Teare was it ? !     ( Film aficionados )

• Haha 2
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eligibility To be eligible to receive up to 5 LED bulbs, a member of the household must satisfy at least one of the following criteria: - In receipt of benefits i.e. Income support, Income b

Ok as you clearly are actually a knob, let me answer in terms that your clearly inhibited intellect can process. Some illustrations of the kind of people who should stand for the Keys are: 1

His idiotic support for ending the free movement of people in europe will have cost him. And deservedly so. Fucking brexiteers can all fuck off.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Declan said:

No

https://chambers.co.uk/search/?query=nepotism&title=21st

"the practice of favouring one's relatives or friends, especially in making official appointments."

so I'm right then

Unless her relatives make up a voting majority of Douglas South

• Confused 1
27 minutes ago, asitis said:

wasn't Alan Bell and Eddie Teare was it ? !     ( Film aficionados )

Sadly not...if that pair were in rural Montana if would be a benefit.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Mr Newbie said:

You don’t want to go through the initiation ceremony. 

Fortunately, I already passed the legal test. 

You cannot be Manx by choice you are a come over and you may become a stay over by choice either is acceptable it is the ...when I was in....that are not really appreciated, most of them reside in the north of the Island fortunately.

37 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

You cannot be Manx by choice you are a come over and you may become a stay over by choice either is acceptable it is the ...when I was in....that are not really appreciated, most of them reside in the north of the Island fortunately.

South of the bridge is surely near full of folks from 'off island'?

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I am born and bred a Manxie, yet I have more respect for a stopover who loves it here and wants to join in and make it their home, than I have for Manx born people who whinge and moan all their f****** lives about life here. To follow that up, there are many comeovers who can speak Manx, know our history better than most of us and actually put us on the map.

• Like 8
5 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Thanks Rhumsaa. You know the score. We don’t help ourselves sometimes, do we ?

I'm Manx and love my Island and always talk it up to anyone I meet around the world. We're not perfect but I do sometimes think the Manx are bad for dwelling on the negatives and making things seem worse than they are.

I welcome anyone to the Island who sees the same beauty and brilliance that the IOM has to offer

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

I am born and bred a Manxie, yet I have more respect for a stopover who loves it here and wants to join in and make it their home, than I have for Manx born people who whinge and moan all their f****** lives about life here. To follow that up, there are many comeovers who can speak Manx, know our history better than most of us and actually put us on the map.

Well said, I have been fortunate enough to experience life in various places throughout my life, and the island eventually pulled me back. I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else, and I know several other immigrants from far flung countries who think the same. We are genuinely very lucky, but by god we do love a good moan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In a previous life I drove a taxi part time. I picked up a client from the airport one evening and was gobsmacked that even though he had never been here before, could  speak Manx and tell me things I did not know about our island. Totally embarrassed to say the least.

1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

I have more respect for a stopover who loves it here and wants to join in and make it their home, than I have for Manx born people who whinge and moan all their f****** lives about life here.

Can't argue with that Dilli... I know an English couple who retired here. They're worth a few quid. Both have said they wished they'd discovered the place sooner, having attempted to find happiness in various countries. They are very loyal, so much so they make a point of buying local, only as a last resort would they consider buying-in from Amazon, for instance. That most goods are dearer here they see it as a small price to pay for the life they're able to lead. They have recently convinced another couple to move here. Friends who visit them are completely in awe with the place. And rightly so... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

I welcome anyone to the Island who sees the same beauty and brilliance that the IOM has to offer

Yes indeed...even the fucking English.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
26 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

In a previous life I drove a taxi part time. I picked up a client from the airport one evening and was gobsmacked that even though he had never been here before, could  speak Manx and tell me things I did not know about our island. Totally embarrassed to say the least.

Did he get out at the Fairy Bridge ?

• Like 1