How would you vote  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Quite a high proportion (18%) of ballots only voted for one person, and it looks like Christian featured on about 52% of ballots. 

Jessopp polled surprisingly low, only just pipping Pamela Birnie-Malarkey to fourth place. Interesting that the results weren't nearly as close across all candidates as they could have been: it looks like there were about five clear 'tiers' of candidate

image.png.dfd918b47916d2059130754dee2ecf0d.png

Well, that was fun.  Now to never have to listen to the Late Show ever again, unless forced to at the next election.

Edited by VinnieK
  • Haha 3
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eligibility To be eligible to receive up to 5 LED bulbs, a member of the household must satisfy at least one of the following criteria: - In receipt of benefits i.e. Income support, Income b

Ok as you clearly are actually a knob, let me answer in terms that your clearly inhibited intellect can process. Some illustrations of the kind of people who should stand for the Keys are: 1

His idiotic support for ending the free movement of people in europe will have cost him. And deservedly so. Fucking brexiteers can all fuck off.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

If anyone would like the actual result:

image.png.409e313ff3657c21dd8e0bd968199bdf.png

About 8% 'unused' votes, which is what you would expect given the number of candidates.

Malarkey. Fucking brilliant. All that 15 minutes spent changing the names and pictures on the manifesto was a complete waste of time. 

Good result two obvious Manx names and that is what the voters went for they do not want an Aussie or an American ruling the Island, we have two Scottish men and that is two too many.    Great job as far as I am concerned :rolleyes:.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Good result two obvious Manx names and that is what the voters went for they do not want an Aussie or an American ruling the Island, we have two Scottish men and that is two too many.    Great job as far as I am concerned :rolleyes:.

There is probably a lot of truth in this post. Particularly about the swetties.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, 2bees said:

Hmmmm

Got almost the lowest turnout. No doubt he’s now in his bat cave plotting his next moves and licking his wounds. What a prick. He only lost to Family Guy. Who was in quarantine and couldn’t actually meet people to ask for votes. That’s literally being the shitest candidate ever. He got less than Oliphant-Smith who is clearly mental. He should have put two pencils up his nose and his (Calvin Klein) underpants on his head and milked it. 

Edited by Southfork
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, Southfork said:

Clanton (HM R Sole) just do one you dick. Nobody gives a shit about what you stand for. Except your paid for mental defectives. 

The largest field ever in a by-election, shit weather, the crank vote and still pulled in less votes than Fowler. That was the perfect storm conditions for Ian Clanton and he was still one third the vote of second place. If we only had a reaction shot of him finding out he was so soundly beaten it may well have been my highlight of what has been a pretty shitty year. 

So long Ian, don't let the tower of refuge hit you on the way out!

Edited by ManxMat
Didn't mean to submit
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, ManxMat said:

The largest field ever in a by-election, shit weather, the crank vote and still pulled in less votes than Fowler. That wa the perfect storm conditions for Ian Clanton and he was still one third the vote of second palce. If we only had a reaction shot of him finding out he was so soundly beaten it may well have been my highlight of what has been a pretty shitty year. 

He’s an arsehole. Best ignored. Fowler was an ok candidate. Clanton is clearly a fucking loon. He raised less than £4K for his Spongbob Squarepants undersea world. 

Edited by Southfork
  • Haha 1

Chuffed to fuck Josem failed - LibVan are odious. Christian far too establishment; her election is a real shame but was eminently predictable. As for Quine, well let’s see. Give the guy a chance. As someone else observed, at least a Manxman. And yes (to whoever said it a few pages back) let’s dump the swetties ASAP; there’s nothing I’d like better than to see that pompous Caledonian haggis fucker Rodan out on his well upholstered tartan arse. The ethnic fightback starts here (but shame about Christian).

Edited to add: Fucking appalling turnout, though not so different from the last GE. Douglas again leads the way in voter apathy.

Edited by Uhtred
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Congratulations to the new members-elect for Douglas South, Claire Christian & Paul Quine. I'm sorry to have fallen at the final count by such a narrow margin, but the public very rarely get it wrong. I'm sure that Mrs Christian and Mr Quine will be fine servants of Douglas South

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, snowman said:

6 full Q400's of flybe passengers plus the pilot = MHK

I'm not sure of the point you are trying to make. We are a small island, you do get elected with fewer votes but that's the nature of a small democracy. It also allows for practically direct representation in that you can approach your mhk for redress if needed.

The poblem with it, that I see, is that some seek to exploit that for their own means. They actually seek to exploit this small voting requirement for election and move here to get elected for their own personal objectives. In the likes of Jersey and Guernsey, this isn't possible with stricter residency and representative requirements. With our current rules, we are an easy target for a charismatic cult leader, hypothetically of course :rolleyes:

In the case of those elected tonight, I do not see that. They appear to want the best for the Island. whether you agree with their view of what is best for the Island or not, at least it is not just about themselves and their own enrichment.