How would you vote  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

43 minutes ago, Kopek said:

If only Peter Karran had been out campaigning!!!

Maybe he did. Did anyone see PK out there?

Last I heard he was not wanted at LibVan, maybe they thought they could manage without his popularity? Wanted to prove they didn't need him? Who knows what difference he could have made for Josem?

Well as someone remarked earlier (how accurately I don't know) that Karran wasn't backing Josem, maybe having him on the scene would have made things worse.

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eligibility To be eligible to receive up to 5 LED bulbs, a member of the household must satisfy at least one of the following criteria: - In receipt of benefits i.e. Income support, Income b

Ok as you clearly are actually a knob, let me answer in terms that your clearly inhibited intellect can process. Some illustrations of the kind of people who should stand for the Keys are: 1

His idiotic support for ending the free movement of people in europe will have cost him. And deservedly so. Fucking brexiteers can all fuck off.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

If only Peter Karran had been out campaigning!!!

Maybe he did. Did anyone see PK out there?

Last I heard he was not wanted at LibVan, maybe they thought they could manage without his popularity? Wanted to prove they didn't need him? Who knows what difference he could have made for Josem?

I would imagine there is no way on earth that Karran would endorse MJs candidacy. LV member or not. There are very few grounds I would imagine they would agree on. In fact it’s pretty much commonly known Karran refused to be involved. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I would imagine there is no way on earth that Karran would endorse MJs candidacy. LV member or not. There are very few grounds I would imagine they would agree on. In fact it’s pretty much commonly known Karran refused to be involved. 

It's kind of farcical to think about the difference between Karran and Josem's politics really, when you consider Josem is in theory under the same banner.  I mean has he literally just got in with LibVan and got to the position he holds with them through being more or less the only person to make the effort?  His actual politics were almost irrelevant aside from the fact that he posted lots of anti-government stuff on social media?  That was enough to get involved at that level in a matter of a year or two?

8 hours ago, Max Power said:

I was certain that Michael Josem would have got in, if the effort he put in doesn't bear fruit, what does?

There was no shortage of effort and social media activity from the opposition in the UK at the last election. For somebody exposed to a lot of it, it would have seemed unbelievable that they didn't get in.

They'll be asking themselves the same question.

Coming out with a lot of anti-government stuff might actually have been his undoing. There are plenty over here slavishly devoted to the Govt.

Some out of what they believe Govt does for them, all is rosy if you're accustomed to your MHK looking after your patch and your bennies; and some out of fear of what might happen if they upset someone in Govt or criticise. Still plenty of them around.

A candidate posting a lot of criticism in such quarters might have shot themselves in the foot.

• Like 1

I know I've said it before but..... with two votes per person we can never be sure who were the most popular candidates. How many second votes were simply thrown at 'someone else'?

With only 1760 voters, 30 or so spoiled papers and 250 who didn't use their 2nd vote a 500 majority seems unlikely as first preference votes???

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Kopek said:

I know I've said it before but..... with two votes per person we can never be sure who were the most popular candidates. How many second votes were simply thrown at 'someone else'?

With only 1760 voters, 30 or so spoiled papers and 250 who didn't use their 2nd vote a 500 majority seems unlikely as first preference votes???

I don't really understand the swing towards Christian to be honest, I don't know what she did to secure the votes other than a FB page for businesses looking for Covid support?

On 8/27/2020 at 9:00 AM, Declan said:

I read that as streaky bacon. So I read his tweet as ...

"I am the streaky bacon in a sea of boiling fat hoping that the electoral spatula will flick me onto the gravy train."

(incidentally why is it a gravy train and not a gravy boat?)

Why isn’t a gravy boat a gravy jug?!

11 hours ago, BILLYWIZ said:

Yes, in particular the sultan ofsheight's comment that because Josem mentioned tougher sentences and didn't get in means that the electorate "don't mind paedophiles" made me laugh.

then I suspect his comedic post was a success in that case

• Like 1
12 hours ago, asitis said:

I sincerely hope at the next election we get some new candidates because boy do we need them ! I fear however that the club will try and get its cast out members back into the fold.

who are you thinking of?

with the exception of Phil Gawne (who seems to be doing ok down South as a clerk) I can't think of any "cast out" members and certainly not any people who I'd associate with some nefarious club

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

I suspect that a number of the voters who marked their X by Paul Quine's name did so because he was/is likely to be seen as a safe pair of hands, being a commercial airline pilot carries a lot of responsibilities and some would see that as a very positive part or aspect of/in his character.

like that zac fellow from onchan then ??

• Like 2