Jump to content

How would you vote  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Fookin' 'ell slinky, that's a bit severe. I see where you're coming from kinda thing, but it's a bit harsh.

So . .  folk interested in matters political should be silenced unless they have been elected?

 

 

I think you have something you need to tell us?

 

No not at all. But what does his opionion matter as much as the other bloke down the pub? I know deep down it's just electioneering, but people are just put on pedestals here. I'm not trying to silence anyone, just think it's a bit odd that an certain individuals gets a soapbox. Just my perspective.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eligibility To be eligible to receive up to 5 LED bulbs, a member of the household must satisfy at least one of the following criteria: - In receipt of benefits i.e. Income support, Income b

Ok as you clearly are actually a knob, let me answer in terms that your clearly inhibited intellect can process. Some illustrations of the kind of people who should stand for the Keys are: 1

His idiotic support for ending the free movement of people in europe will have cost him. And deservedly so. Fucking brexiteers can all fuck off.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

No not at all. But what does his opionion matter as much as the other bloke down the pub? I know deep down it's just electioneering, but people are just put on pedestals here. I'm not trying to silence anyone, just think it's a bit odd that an certain individuals gets a soapbox. Just my perspective.

Is Quirkio still given airtime these days? (I don't listen to daytime MR)

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

No mention of the fact that half of new builds are sold before they're built to buy to let investors.

Or of how varied the market is in terms of both what's supplied and what's demanded and how that complicates the conclusion or the proposal of simply building our way to lower house prices. Nor is there any mention of the nature, extent, or effect (if any) of vacant properties on the market, or of how lending patterns influence things.

All in all, it looks a lot like the kind of commentary that someone would throw up after having their mind blown by a handful of wikipedia articles or the first couple of chapters of  Microeconomics for Dummies.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

Why is Josem given any airtime by the press at all? He's not elected to anything, just a member of the public with an opinion. We all have one of those.

Because he issues a press release.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

No not at all. But what does his opionion matter as much as the other bloke down the pub? I know deep down it's just electioneering, but people are just put on pedestals here. I'm not trying to silence anyone, just think it's a bit odd that an certain individuals gets a soapbox. Just my perspective.

Our local "media outlets" would give airtime to just about any fruitloop that wants to talk to them. Don't read too much into it slinky, nobody else does...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

Why is Josem given any airtime by the press at all? He's not elected to anything, just a member of the public with an opinion. We all have one of those.

Because the underlying story is likely to be interesting to the audience. I don't think that the newspapers, Manx Telecom TV, or Manx Radio particularly care about me as an individual. I am very, very, confident that most people on the Isle of Man don't care about me. But the people of the Isle of Man are likely to be interested in housing being increasingly expensive relative to earnings, for a few key reasons:

a) it means that our collective children are being pushed to leave and live somewhere more affordable;

b) the high cost of housing puts a huge amount of stress on household budgets; and

c) it sucks money out of the productive economy; and

d) it has flow on effects making rent and other things more expensive too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Josem said:

Because the underlying story is likely to be interesting to the audience. I don't think that the newspapers, Manx Telecom TV, or Manx Radio particularly care about me as an individual. I am very, very, confident that most people on the Isle of Man don't care about me. But the people of the Isle of Man are likely to be interested in housing being increasingly expensive relative to earnings, for a few key reasons:

a) it means that our collective children are being pushed to leave and live somewhere more affordable;

b) the high cost of housing puts a huge amount of stress on household budgets; and

c) it sucks money out of the productive economy; and

d) it has flow on effects making rent and other things more expensive too.

So the detailed answers are?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Josem said:

 I am very, very, confident that most people on the Isle of Man don't care about me.

such a strange thing to say...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

such a strange thing to say...

I think it's an attempt at self-effacement, but mangled to a degree usually reserved for beacons and other unfortunate metaphors.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...