How would you vote  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

The difference, Dilli, is that one was built as a for profit private enterprise and the other will be funded by the ratepayers. If the Willaston ones were being built by Dandara for example, they'd hit the market for LESS than what the the Corpy are proposing to spend to build them. The costings are bullshit.

It shouldn't really bother me, not living in Douglasland, but it does, you're being taken for a ride.

Isn't this the benchmark for any govt/corpy build? find the lowest price then double it.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eligibility To be eligible to receive up to 5 LED bulbs, a member of the household must satisfy at least one of the following criteria: - In receipt of benefits i.e. Income support, Income b

Ok as you clearly are actually a knob, let me answer in terms that your clearly inhibited intellect can process. Some illustrations of the kind of people who should stand for the Keys are: 1

His idiotic support for ending the free movement of people in europe will have cost him. And deservedly so. Fucking brexiteers can all fuck off.

Posted Images

If we broke down society into 3 categories, Poor, doing OK and doing better than OK. I think we would find that, compared to 60 years ago, all are doing 'better'.

Maybe having to live on ready meals and spending £ 60 on every Saturday night out is too high a price to pay for the previous generation???

House ownership was and still is out of reach for the 'Poor', a struggle for the 'doing OK' and still a 'bloody big mortgage for 'better than OK' who were not necessarily University educated? Some kind soul invented the term 'Entrepreneur', that gave everyone equal opportunity, didn't it ???

Nothing has really changed!

Edited by Kopek
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

The difference, Dilli, is that one was built as a for profit private enterprise and the other will be funded by the ratepayers. If the Willaston ones were being built by Dandara for example, they'd hit the market for LESS than what the the Corpy are proposing to spend to build them. The costings are bullshit.

It shouldn't really bother me, not living in Douglasland, but it does, you're being taken for a ride.

Totally correct. I am a Douglas ratepayer player and also a supporter of David Christian. I just can’t get my head around these costings.

Absolutely mental what is being proposed. Douglas Council charge their tenants under half what people pay in the private rentals field, yet don’t operate any means testing . Appalling.

38 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I would hope that any prospective Douglas councillor would go in there primed with the right questions about how the hell someone has come up with the costings for that proposed block of flats in Willaston. Because they're insane.

I think you have to  deduct the cost of 'other' facilities before you divide by the number of 'homes'?

Just now, Kopek said:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

He is a smart man and knows his stuff. There is nobody more tuned in to Douglas than him.I can’t understand all the negativity about David. If we had 24 like him in Tynwald,  we would be getting somewhere

Dilli, he's a dictator and with a reduced council, he will get more of 'his' own way!

Just look at his 'Fairy Lights' position.  ''It's too late to discuss this now''!!! Did they announce the loss of the these lights? Would it be impossible to reinstate them?

There is an inner cabal in DCorp with Christian at the Top, reduce the opposition, He has fewer to question his opinion?

Edited by Kopek
  • Thanks 1

If they are going to clear land to the Manor, build a Children's play park and multi screen cinema with monorail access, deduct these and...................

14 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Dilli, he's a dictator and with a reduced council, he will get more of 'his' own way!

Just look at his 'Fairy Lights' position.  ''It's too late to discuss this now''!!! Did they announce the loss of the these lights? Would it be impossible to reinstate them?

There is an inner cabal in DCorp with Christian at the Top, reduce the opposition, He has fewer to question his opinion?

They announced the lighting situation about 3 years ago. Keep up at the back

Plus, they are all elected.

Edited by dilligaf

They announced the LED lighting, did they say 'without' the fairy lights???

Even so, would to be impossible to put them back?

Fairy lights, shmairy lights, I don;t care, my concern is the disinformation from Christian!!!!

That's the Council Leader that we need ???

Edited by Kopek
Just now, Kopek said:

They announced the LED lighting, did they say 'without' the fairy lights???

What the actual fuck are the fairy lights. If you mean the festoon lights, then yes. Everything out in the open. They really can’t factor in “ stupid”. You of all people should know that.

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

Shouldn't that be Cream Scones? Devon insists Tynwald outlaws 'Jam first'?

See I thought that I'd made quite a good joke.

• Like 1

Now my turn to say I don't understand you drift! There are  240 volts to the top of the Pole, the saving comes from the lower current drawn, 240 volts could be used to install low wattage , LED 'Fairy Lights' at a reduced cost to previous years full power lights.

Where did the decision arise NOT to reinstate these lights come from? An oversight in informing the public of this decision OR a decision to deliberately NOT inform the public of their 'christians'  decision???