Jump to content

How would you vote  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Unless they're Ministers and it raises conflict with COMIN; in which case they get sacked?

But that counter argument makes no sense in the context of a reply against independents in our system.

That point aside being in Comin does not prevent you providing good scrutiny or moving your own issues

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eligibility To be eligible to receive up to 5 LED bulbs, a member of the household must satisfy at least one of the following criteria: - In receipt of benefits i.e. Income support, Income b

Ok as you clearly are actually a knob, let me answer in terms that your clearly inhibited intellect can process. Some illustrations of the kind of people who should stand for the Keys are: 1

His idiotic support for ending the free movement of people in europe will have cost him. And deservedly so. Fucking brexiteers can all fuck off.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

Is the Egg actually a metaphor for the Isle of Man?

I’ve never met HM Sole, or spoken to him. Don’t really know anything about him other than what’s been in the media. I don’t consider myself particularly cultured, but I am surprised so many people seem to miss the fact that he is an artist, and even I can see that this is a ‘performance’. It’s art as political commentary, and in that regard it’s very clever. 

He is presenting himself as detached absolute royalty with ludicrously overblown and aggrandising ideas BEFORE he’s elected, rather than becoming that after the vote. You don’t have to look very far here to find people referring to our current leaders as HRH, and complaining about pointless vanity projects while essential services are crippled.

He is perfectly presenting the sheer lunacy of our system by inverting it. He’s taking the piss, because the statement he’s making is so accurate.

It would be fascinating to see what he’d do if elected. Not much chance to cause real damage in 12 months, and he would more than likely be held at arms length (with full hazmat), but it would be great to see them try to handle something so unconventional. 

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gettafa said:

I'll get back to you on that one. ICBA just now (although he did appear in this week's Isle of Man Examiner).

Is his name that hard to type?

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

I disagree, any MHK can make a difference by adding scrutiny to legislation and govt actions or moving issues with well thought out reasons

I smell a vested interest.... :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, P.K. said:

I smell a vested interest.... :)

I'm more of a t-shirt guy

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Declan said:

I think he was talking about HM Sole. 

Why doesn't he drop the HM and use Richard, or Robert, or anything like that...?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Declan said:

Is his name that hard to type?

I'm checking with my legal/general well being advisor first. Living nearby was/is a family of manx nationalists/anti-english terrorists*.

 

*word used in a manx context

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rhumsaa said:

But that counter argument makes no sense in the context of a reply against independents in our system.

That point aside being in Comin does not prevent you providing good scrutiny or moving your own issues

Does if you're a member of that department where you then have to support your minister. Callister is now the perfect yes man

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rhumsaa said:

But that counter argument makes no sense in the context of a reply against independents in our system.

That point aside being in Comin does not prevent you providing good scrutiny or moving your own issues

I'm not sure you can provide good scrutiny whilst committing yourself to cabinet collective rsponsibility

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, James Hampton said:

I’ve never met HM Sole, or spoken to him. Don’t really know anything about him other than what’s been in the media. I don’t consider myself particularly cultured, but I am surprised so many people seem to miss the fact that he is an artist, and even I can see that this is a ‘performance’. It’s art as political commentary, and in that regard it’s very clever. 

He is presenting himself as detached absolute royalty with ludicrously overblown and aggrandising ideas BEFORE he’s elected, rather than becoming that after the vote. You don’t have to look very far here to find people referring to our current leaders as HRH, and complaining about pointless vanity projects while essential services are crippled.

He is perfectly presenting the sheer lunacy of our system by inverting it. He’s taking the piss, because the statement he’s making is so accurate.

It would be fascinating to see what he’d do if elected. Not much chance to cause real damage in 12 months, and he would more than likely be held at arms length (with full hazmat), but it would be great to see them try to handle something so unconventional. 

 

 At what point in the last 4/5 years has he claimed to be a performance artist doing a satirical piece on the state of Manx Politics?

Perhaps you're over thinking it and really, despite coming across as seeming pleasant, well meaning, intelligent individual, he is a delusional fantasist who is madder than Mad Jack McMad, the winner of last year's "Mr. Madman" competition?

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

 At what point in the last 4/5 years has he claimed to be a performance artist doing a satirical piece on the state of Manx Politics?

 

That would give it away!

 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So the greatest ever Manxman was born in India, educated in England, served the UK government with distinction and was appointed to the Manx Parliament by the UK Government.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...