And They're Off!

Donald Trumps

How would you vote  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, Rhumsaa said:

You can do it but it's pointless.

It's like me replying to a debate about Michael Phelps' status as whether he's the greatest swimmer of all time and then you disagreeing with me by saying he's shit on a bicycle

Fuck you you arrogant prick 

how dare you chastise me

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Declan said:

So the greatest ever Manxman was born in India, educated in England, served the UK government with distinction and was appointed to the Manx Parliament by the UK Government.

Presumably, as discovered by the house daubers too.

Wouldn't they just have a field day with the Tynwald of today.

Edited by gettafa

3 hours ago, hissingsid said:

There are a few I hope to see the back off next year, Shimmins, Caine and the other Garth member Perkins, Thomas , Boot and that is just for starters.

I think Shimmins & Thomas are good members, agree with the others plus Harmer, Cregeen & moorhouse all useless

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Declan said:

You are probably right, a new party could be set up. But it's an uphill battle because there already IS a very powerful party - one that's held power for centuries, a secret, ad hoc party that only exists between elections, the Party of Manx Unity formed by so-called Independents after each election. That Party doesn't want to stand on it's record in government or form the opposition or be accountable to the electorate for it's actions so it dissolves every election and they all stand as proud independents. Only to reform with most of the old faces immediately afterwards.

Well that doesn't stand up. The public are not so thick that they don't know that their incumbent MHK was in government, so he/she is standing for re-election on his/her record. The voters know what will happen if that person wins again. Even more reason for the "Let's Have a Party" Party to stand against them and get elected - IF that's what the public wants. I suspect that it isn't.

99% of people vote for the person regardless of any party they may have connections with, Peter Karran had a very strong following but I suspect nearly all of these voters voted for the man, everyone knew Peter and it had little to do with the party he supported.    I predict the turnout for the August bye election will  be very low .

4 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

99% of people vote for the person regardless of any party they may have connections with, Peter Karran had a very strong following but I suspect nearly all of these voters voted for the man, everyone knew Peter and it had little to do with the party he supported.    I predict the turnout for the August bye election will  be very low .

That certainly wasn’t true when he was first elected, on the Labour ticket. He wouldn’t have got in without.

Middle, as it was then, was a labour stronghold, had been for 60+ years.

52 minutes ago, John Wright said:

That certainly wasn’t true when he was first elected, on the Labour ticket. He wouldn’t have got in without.

Middle, as it was then, was a labour stronghold, had been for 60+ years.

Don’t agree on that angle. People voted for Peter. Not some half hatched labour rubbish. You know that..Labour, ? What exactly did they stand for or even achieve ? One word reply, Nothing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

Peter Karran had a very strong following but I suspect nearly all of these voters voted for the man, everyone knew Peter and it had little to do with the party he supported.

Peter is one of the few genuine people who have ended up in Manx politics in the last 30 years. He did go in on an MLP ticket the first time I think but throughout his numerous terms people knew exactly what they got. A tenacious pain in the ass who could really run rings round people and needle them when he tried. Setting up LV I actually think was a mistake. He was best as an independent and he should have encouraged similarly minded independents (if they existed) to form an alliance rather than establish the LV experiment. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1