How would you vote  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eligibility To be eligible to receive up to 5 LED bulbs, a member of the household must satisfy at least one of the following criteria: - In receipt of benefits i.e. Income support, Income b

Ok as you clearly are actually a knob, let me answer in terms that your clearly inhibited intellect can process. Some illustrations of the kind of people who should stand for the Keys are: 1

His idiotic support for ending the free movement of people in europe will have cost him. And deservedly so. Fucking brexiteers can all fuck off.

Posted Images

So basically four parties standing ...

Labour

Green

Liberal (but really a soft right nationalist party)

The COMIN Party - made up of all the independents standing, no matter how out there they seem. After all Rob is keeping a seat warm in the DoI for the lucky winner.

14 minutes ago, Declan said:

So basically four parties standing ...

Labour

Green

Liberal (but really a soft right nationalist party)

The COMIN Party - made up of all the independents standing, no matter how out there they seem. After all Rob is keeping a seat warm in the DoI for the lucky winner.

I think there was something in the papers about another party being set up soon, though not sure if they have anyone standing in Douglas South.

Also, surely you haven't forgot HM the Sole's party!

21 minutes ago, VinnieK said:

I think there was something in the papers about another party being set up soon, though not sure if they have anyone standing in Douglas South.

Also, surely you haven't forgot HM the Sole's party!

Yeah I got a facebook invite to the Working People's Party, which sounds like something Ewan MacColl would have sung at.

I've been to some Soul Parties but never heard of a Sole one.

Edited by Declan
  • Like 1

If anyone wants to sit through 70 minutes or so of self-promotion of varying degrees of competence, that useful website iomelections has links to the Moulton interviews for seven of the candidates.  Apart from Jesopp who's only just declared, the absentees are (rather surprisingly) Labour's Marc Clarke and Mr Clanton - HM Sole himself.

Anyone else who fancies their chances has got till 1pm tomorrow to get their papers in.

My money is still on Buster to win it. I reckon he had enough time to suss the systems out properly this time to swick it.

Seriously though, how foolish and dim-witted (yeah, ok - corrupt) must the Isle of Man electoral system be to have allowed that to go on. And they were even warned specifically about it - all on the record - in Tynwald some years before. And then we send Rodan and God knows who else to prance around in their bermuda shorts or whatever to oversee elections in other far off (sunnier) countries.

20 minutes ago, Declan said:

Yeah I got a facebook invite to the Working People's Party, which sounds like something Ewan MacColl would have sung at.

It was only launched earlier in the month and seems to consist of guy called Devon Watson who is (at least) ex MLP and a climate change activist.

The nearest Party with a similar name I could find was the Working People's Party of England which was around 1968-72, splitting several times in the interim, and was based in Tooting.

4 hours ago, Banker said:

He’s done a good job in Braddan, keeping rates down whilst building new social housing and pushing doorstep recycling.

Braddan Commissioners only seem competent because of the business rates flowing into their coffers from the industrial/retail estates on their patch.  More money than they know what to do with.  I agree with Teapot, Jessop is an out and out nutter.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Boo Gay'n said:

Braddan Commissioners only seem competent because of the business rates flowing into their coffers from the industrial/retail estates on their patch.  More money than they know what to do with.  I agree with Teapot, Jessop is an out and out nutter.

Can you elaborate on why you & teapot think he is a nutter?

• Like 1

At least we know Jessop is not there just to join the best club in the world. He knows the score.

All those buffets and backslaps won't change him.

But he's Green! All sorts of impractical, expensive impositions that won't have any benefit to us or the greater global situation except to cost us more and cause us more interference in our way of life.

Yes I do re-cycle, limit my journeys, grow my own vegetables and many other practical ways of trying to live a sustainable life!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, James Hampton said:

According to FB the embryonic Working People’s Party are currently scrambling to get signatures for a candidate who’s volunteered to stand for them.

I saw nothing on their FB to suggest they were getting in the mix

There was a post earlier, been removed following an edit suggesting it was too soon and better to wait til next year. The young lady who had volunteered to stand is a lovely person, I hope if she is serious she spends the next year preparing properly.

• Like 1