How would you vote  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Declan said:

Yeah I got a facebook invite to the Working People's Party, which sounds like something Ewan MacColl would have sung at.

The Workers Party? They might as well have called themselves the Judian People’s Front. It sounds fo 1970s and Marxist. 

• Haha 2
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eligibility To be eligible to receive up to 5 LED bulbs, a member of the household must satisfy at least one of the following criteria: - In receipt of benefits i.e. Income support, Income b

Ok as you clearly are actually a knob, let me answer in terms that your clearly inhibited intellect can process. Some illustrations of the kind of people who should stand for the Keys are: 1

His idiotic support for ending the free movement of people in europe will have cost him. And deservedly so. Fucking brexiteers can all fuck off.

Posted Images

Now that there are 10 candidates and likely voter apathy, expect the second elected person to be successful with about 35 votes!

In our constituency by-election we got Jon Joughin with 159 votes - a taciturn grumpy aul' basta of the first order, except when he needs votes. Then he's your best pal and 'knew your dad' and all that.

Of the 7 candidates, the top three were within 14 votes, so a well split vote there. This one will likely be similar.

Edited by gettafa
57 minutes ago, gettafa said:

In our constituency by-election we got Jon Joughin with 159 votes - a taciturn grumpy aul' basta of the first order, except when he needs votes. Then he's your best pal and 'knew your dad' and all that.

Of the 7 candidates, the top three were within 14 votes, so a well split vote there. This one will likely be similar.

Joughin only got 18.6% of the vote which must be some sort of record.  And that on a 30% turnout.  It will be interesting to see if Douglas South does any better - both constituencies only had 40% turnout in 2016.

49 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Joughin only got 18.6% of the vote which must be some sort of record.  And that on a 30% turnout.  It will be interesting to see if Douglas South does any better - both constituencies only had 40% turnout in 2016.

There’s so many candidates standing now that it’s going to be interesting if we see many who can scrape together more than 50 votes. I’d be willing to put a bet on that we might see a candidate with even less votes than that Liberal Vannin idiot who stood in Ramsey the last time. What did he get 38? 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
1 minute ago, english zloty said:

Surely we can crowdsource Mr Fowler? 

If you think of a theme for his theme park, it would help. Teaching him to stop saying “yes” in that  rising and descending tone would be nice too.

45 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

There’s so many candidates standing now that it’s going to be interesting if we see many who can scrape together more than 50 votes. I’d be willing to put a bet on that we might see a candidate with even less votes than that Liberal Vannin idiot who stood in Ramsey the last time. What did he get 38? 

Pat Ayres, once of this parish got a magnificent 39, I'll have you know.  And in Ayre and Michael rather than Ramsey as presumably young Lawrie wanted nothing to do with him.  Mind you the result in Ayre and Michael was so cocked up by the Appleby crew, that he could have been elected by the voters (no he wasn't).

What we're really looking for is whether anyone will take the David Pownall Memorial Cup (33 in Castletown in 2011 followed by 30 in Peel By-election in 2015).  Barrie was very hurt to have his record broken.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

It was that stat fuelling my comment about voter apathy Roger. This by-election really could be a record breaker... for all the wrong reasons.

18 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Pat Ayres, once of this parish got a magnificent 39, I'll have you know.  And in Ayre and Michael rather than Ramsey as presumably young Lawrie wanted nothing to do with him.  Mind you the result in Ayre and Michael was so cocked up by the Appleby crew, that he could have been elected by the voters (no he wasn't).

What we're really looking for is whether anyone will take the David Pownall Memorial Cup (33 in Castletown in 2011 followed by 30 in Peel By-election in 2015).  Barrie was very hurt to have his record broken.

It would take a performance of positively Herculean standards to knock Pownall off the top step of the Shit Candidate podium. Polling under 30 votes would be a real achievement.
I agree with the prediction that Fowler and Oliphant-Smith will poll very poorly. So too I expect will Pinkerton. So have a crack at these:

1. What will the percentage turnout be?

2. How many votes will each of the two elected candidates poll.

3. How many candidates will poll fewer than 100 votes?’

4. Who will poll the fewest votes, and how many will that be?

You will be permitted to modify all and any of your answers if any further candidates declare.

You may also notice that I haven’t actually asked who you consider will be elected. That’s because I don’t give a fuck.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, gettafa said:

I remember a score of 21 in the last 30 years. General Election.

Details please!