Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man

How would you vote  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

44 minutes ago, themightyshrimp said:

I might not post here often...

With a post count of 1...who'd have thunk that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

That page.  Another loon

I was banned from that page, I felt it was a good sign

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

I was banned from that page, I felt it was a good sign

There certainly won't be any room on there for someone with sensible views.

Serious bitter person churning out that bile.  Must have posted here at some point.  Sounds like Boredom.

Reminds me of the film Seven when they find the John Doe's diary and he is just pouring out hundreds of pages of bile.

"I'm not the grandaughter of Clare Christian, & I'm not related to David Christian - tho' he is a family friend"

5 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

"I'm not the grandaughter of Clare Christian, & I'm not related to David Christian 

I did point that out pages back. But it seems someone was very keen to register an account on this forum just to spread a fews lies about when she hasn’t even said anything about her policies yet. 

• Like 3

Well, it wasn't me

She did say she doesn't yet have a manifesto tho'

Early days I guess

• Like 1

2 hours ago, themightyshrimp said:

I might not post here often but I follow all comments closely. I have thought long and hard about standing but would prefer to concentrate my effort on the GE 2021. After reviewing the 2016 manifestos I agree with Derek Flint that most are pointless.  The contents need to be more specific and costed and I also think little can be achieved in a year when all the current Members will be doing anything they can to get elected. Therefore I will wait and put something forward for real change, openness, transparency, where politicians rather than senior civil servants take decisions and real cost savings are made for utilisation in frontline services.

Err... you're looking to stand in the GE on a platform of openness and transparency but have posted under the name Themightyshrimp? Of course if your name is Themightyshrimp then that would seem in order.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Polical parties are being formed...2021 could be an interesting year for the island. Only chancers for 2020...who will deliver little but promise much - as usual.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, themightyshrimp said:

After reviewing the 2016 manifestos I agree with Derek Flint that most are pointless.  The contents need to be more specific and costed

It doesn't matter if they are specific and costed. The vast majority still aren't worth the paper they're written on. It's a vote for personality and largely empty doorstep promises. Policy for the new term will be decided by the Chief Minister and no doubt influenced by the Chief Secretary who will include what they see fit.

Most elected Members will then be offered Departmental responsibilities with attendant uplifts under pain of dismissal if they don't concur with the Govt line for the electoral term. Dissent will not be tolerated.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Polical parties are being formed...2021 could be an interesting year for the island. Only chancers for 2020...who will deliver little but promise much - as usual.

I agree there could be (and perhaps should be) more party politics in 2021. That way a more cohesive 'Government' could be formed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

I agree there could be (and perhaps should be) more party politics in 2021. That way a more cohesive 'Government' could be formed.

Missing so far...a manx conservative party...which pushing for 'small government'...could clean up IMO.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

"I'm not the grandaughter of Clare Christian, & I'm not related to David Christian - tho' he is a family friend"

Indeed - by marriage she has her surname - her late Father in Law was John Christian former Mayor of Douglas and Wessex Garage fame - I think the Hobby Bobby In the picture is her husband (citation required) son of former mayor brother of Living Hope botherer Adrian and friends of David Christian = not family but connected 

8 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

It doesn't matter if they are specific and costed. The vast majority still aren't worth the paper they're written on. It's a vote for personality and largely empty doorstep promises. Policy for the new term will be decided by the Chief Minister and no doubt influenced by the Chief Secretary who will include what they see fit.

Most elected Members will then be offered Departmental responsibilities with attendant uplifts under pain of dismissal if they don't concur with the Govt line for the electoral term. Dissent will not be tolerated.

That's it. As soon as they accept the bribe they are no longer representing their constituents, they are representing the government, and frankly they can all fuck off for doing so.

• Like 3

Off topic slightly but having looked at the Claire Christian interview above my abiding memory of it will be that Paul Moulton is starting to look like Sir Patrick Moore's love child.

• Haha 8

She looks like she's had a few pasties since the photo of her featured on the MR website. 

• Haha 1