How would you vote  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Indeed - by marriage she has her surname - her late Father in Law was John Christian former Mayor of Douglas and Wessex Garage fame - I think the Hobby Bobby In the picture is her husband (citation required) son of former mayor brother of Living Hope botherer Adrian and friends of David Christian = not family but connected 

Adrian wasn’t always a god botherer he turned that way after many sinful years running his garage. Just ask the poor 15 and 16 year olds that worked there. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eligibility To be eligible to receive up to 5 LED bulbs, a member of the household must satisfy at least one of the following criteria: - In receipt of benefits i.e. Income support, Income b

Ok as you clearly are actually a knob, let me answer in terms that your clearly inhibited intellect can process. Some illustrations of the kind of people who should stand for the Keys are: 1

His idiotic support for ending the free movement of people in europe will have cost him. And deservedly so. Fucking brexiteers can all fuck off.

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, quilp said:

She looks like she's had a few pasties since the photo of her featured on the MR website. 

How very ungallant...and funny!

• Haha 2
29 minutes ago, Knoxxy said:

Adrian wasn’t always a god botherer he turned that way after many sinful years running his garage. Just ask the poor 15 and 16 year olds that worked there. 

Yes I remember his past. He will never become a saint. Not the nicest person or employer. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, Rhumsaa said:

I was banned from that page, I felt it was a good sign

Sued Government about fire extinguisher tenders and lost. Hit for costs and started his awareness page a few days later...

• Like 2

Wasnt the rotten borough of Douglas East the last really short term tenure after Brenda Cannell resigned? Buster couldnt land the Dandara stooge and we got Robertshaw...

• Like 1
Just now, Roger Mexico said:

Bill Malarkey died on 20th February.  How much warning do some people need?

To be fair she did choose to wait until there were two vacancies.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
4 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Bill Malarkey died on 20th February.  How much warning do some people need?

Why would anyone go to the trouble of producing a manifesto when nobody knows when the election will be. So many things change, there is no point in jumping the gun.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Why would anyone go to the trouble of producing a manifesto when nobody knows when the election will be. So many things change, there is no point in jumping the gun.

Not that much changes in a few months.  Obviously you won't have every comma in place, but If you're standing you should have some sort of idea about what your policies and beliefs are, what the themes of your campaign will be and what you see the future of the Island being.  Otherwise why are you standing other than £60-70K a year?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, gettafa said:

When he knocked on my door he announced himself as an advocate. I was genuinely interested and asked a few questions, which he parried and then said he was an advocate for people with mental health issues.

Unless amy returns he's the horse I'm putting my credibility behind on this election.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Well, this year quite a lot has...

Not that much.  The problems of government have got worse if anything as the crisis has been an excuse to throw money around with even less care than normal.

1 hour ago, ian rush said:

Roger Mexico's post on another thread reminded me of Jon Joughin in Douglas East. Maybe that was Brenda going, so after Buster.

That was Cannell stepping down in November 2015 (again I think ill health).  There were seven candidates and only 84 votes between the highest (Joughin 146) and the lowest (Kurt Buchholz 75).  But there had already been four by-elections that year (two in May, two in September) caused by MHKs being 'elevated' to LegCo.  So getting elected for a year to 18 months isn't unusual.