How would you vote  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eligibility To be eligible to receive up to 5 LED bulbs, a member of the household must satisfy at least one of the following criteria: - In receipt of benefits i.e. Income support, Income b

Ok as you clearly are actually a knob, let me answer in terms that your clearly inhibited intellect can process. Some illustrations of the kind of people who should stand for the Keys are: 1

His idiotic support for ending the free movement of people in europe will have cost him. And deservedly so. Fucking brexiteers can all fuck off.

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Rhumsaa said:

Eligibility

To be eligible to receive up to 5 LED bulbs, a member of the household must satisfy at least one of the following criteria:

- In receipt of benefits i.e. Income support, Income based job seekers allowance, or Employed person’s allowance 

- In receipt of Attendance Allowance, Disability Living Allowance or Incapacity Benefit 

- Manx Utilities priority care register

- Recipient of Food Bank resources

- Recipient of Town/Village ‘Coal Fund’ resources at Christmas

- Household has inadequate number of light bulbs, reason cited being unable to afford new light bulbs (WTF?) 

- Recipient of financial advice from Office of Fair Trading;

- Occupant aged 75 or more

For 5 fucking lightbulbs!

I wonder how much it costs to administer applications. I’d wager more then the cost of 5 lightbulbs! 

Edited by Southfork
  • Like 12
6 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

No, he wasn't. By that very simplistic metric it could be argued, but the argument was wrong. You know this, I'm surprised to see you saying that. Statistics with tiny samples always throw up anomalous results. It's a known factor. 

Edit - San Marino had 42 people die and Andorra 52, but no one is seriously arguing they are the worst and 4th worst affected countries in the world, its a stupid argument.

But they're not really "tiny samples".  These aren't statistics that as single extra case or death would skew wildly - as when the Vatican topped the number of cases per head for a while.  San Marino and Andorra and the Isle of Man all have numbers of deaths in two figures.  The Isle of Man's absolute number of deaths (24) is still greater than many other countries in similar situations with much bigger populations (New Zealand, Iceland, Malta and Cyprus for example).  Obviously in absolute terms the total deaths is small compared to many other countries, but it's not nothing and contextualising something shouldn't be used to try to wish it away. 

1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

I could be wrong but I'm sure I heard somebody possibly howie on the glorious nations station a couple of months ago lauding our testing per head of population ratio. Do these statistics only apply to good news?

At one stage we were doing quite well in tests per capita - at #13 and rising.   We're now down at #44.   

23 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

But they're not really "tiny samples".  These aren't statistics that as single extra case or death would skew wildly - as when the Vatican topped the number of cases per head for a while.  San Marino and Andorra and the Isle of Man all have numbers of deaths in two figures.  The Isle of Man's absolute number of deaths (24) is still greater than many other countries in similar situations with much bigger populations (New Zealand, Iceland, Malta and Cyprus for example).  Obviously in absolute terms the total deaths is small compared to many other countries, but it's not nothing and contextualising something shouldn't be used to try to wish it away. 

Basic statistics. Problems with small sample size. Inflated effect estimation.

It's really simple stuff that you learn in GCSE maths. 

8 hours ago, Declan said:

It's not unreasonable to make funds available to assist people, subject to a means test, living in poor standard accommodation to raise the standard of that accommodation.

... spending tax payer money on tax payers.

@Josem creates the impression of seeing homeowners as some kind of elite.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, pongo said:

... spending tax payer money on tax payers.

@Josem creates the impression of seeing homeowners as some kind of elite.

He is Australian, anybody who lives in a house without a corrugated roof is just showing off.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Holte End said:

He is Australian, anybody who lives in a house without a corrugated roof is just showing off.

Especially if it’s free of wombat shit.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Declan said:

Roger and Teapot discuss Covid  ...

Very witty. It's not about covid though, its about an ability to read and understand data. I'm really surprised at Roger.

25 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Very witty. It's not about covid though, its about an ability to read and understand data. I'm really surprised at Roger.

Yeah, I think he has that ability at a level beyond GCSE.

3 hours ago, Declan said:

Roger and Teapot discuss Covid  ...

Just when you think he couldn’t get any dafter...

4 hours ago, Southfork said:

I wonder how much it costs to administer applications. I’d wager more then the cost of 5 lightbulbs! 

I mean..... it doesn't seem the most friendly system but also someone turning up with a passport is not going to cost 5 LED lightbulbs is it