How would you vote  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Donald Trumps said:

Douglas South 2020 - Andrew Jessopp.jpeg

"And behind me is another lamp-post I'm sure you'll all find very interesting.  A gift to the Island in 1977 from Leonid Brezhnev to commemo. . .YOU! YOU AT THE BACK!  STOP DESECRATING THE BURROW OF THAT CENTIPEDE!  YES, I SEE YOU!  STOP LAUGHING AT ME. . .STOP IT!"

• Haha 1
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eligibility To be eligible to receive up to 5 LED bulbs, a member of the household must satisfy at least one of the following criteria: - In receipt of benefits i.e. Income support, Income b

Ok as you clearly are actually a knob, let me answer in terms that your clearly inhibited intellect can process. Some illustrations of the kind of people who should stand for the Keys are: 1

His idiotic support for ending the free movement of people in europe will have cost him. And deservedly so. Fucking brexiteers can all fuck off.

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Wasn't the CMs course largely lifted from the work of Mr Thomas? My impression is this govt is now treading water til next years general election

Well in that case, HQ has recently sacked the author of his own policies. So he will be treading water until such time as somebody else decides to give him some directions?

He needs a recylable green rosette to wear - does such a thing exist?

Maybe the crafts class in Primary Seven could make him one out of a modest assembly of cabbage leaves

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Well in that case, HQ has recently sacked the author of his own policies. So he will be treading water until such time as somebody else decides to give him some directions?

Nah, Quayle is just looking forward to getting the hell out of Dodge IMHO

He doesn't need to hang on for the Tynwald pension benefits that drive a lot of Manx political careers

It has to be said he has been the Chief Minister least open to discussion with the electorate, ever

Edited by Donald Trumps
4 hours ago, ManxKnob said:

That’s a disgraceful comment and well out of order. Pethetic 

Correct; it is pethetic. A newly minted word which means 'Perfectly acceptable and a bit funny'. It's also been determined that the comment was not pathetic.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, VinnieK said:

It was, but the problem I have with it is that it's a bit light on substance and closer in tone to an attack ad than anything else, boiling down to a bit of fist shaking and "do you think politicians are bastards? I think they're bastards too, so vote for me so I can stop them being bastards".

Crucially, it doesn't seem to give much indication of what he thinks should have been done instead, or why anyone should vote for him over the other candidates.

Basically it was just a visual representation of the kind of shite I post on here.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

I think Allan Bell wins that award hands down.

My memory is that Mr Bell regularly spoke to listeners on various Manx Radio phone-ins hosted by Roger Watterson

42 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

I think Allan Bell wins that award hands down.

Allan Bell was always very keen on discussions with the public.  You may remember those 'roadshows' where they carefully packed the audience with civil servants.  Of course he never took in a word he was told and just went away and did whatever he wanted (or more likely was told to do).  But Quayle isn't even capable of pretending to listen.  He knows everything anyway, so if anyone challenges him he get upset.

• Like 2

I can only recall Quayle doing one radio phone in with the public

Mr Thomas accompanied him to provide the answers to the difficult questions

2 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

I can only recall Quayle doing one radio phone in with the public

Mr Thomas accompanied him to provide the answers to the difficult questions

surely even Quayle remembered his own name...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

Nah, Quayle is just looking forward to getting the hell out of Dodge IMHO

not think he'll go for re-election and a second run as CM?

Risky for him standing again in the constituency he wanted to pour concrete on 

I doubt the electorate will easily forget the hiring of a Barrister at public expense to represent the govt (ie. his) position, refusing same to objectors in the community, & capping it all by excusing himself from the inquiry

I thought he'd stated some time ago that it was his intention to step down after this term as CM?

11 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

not think he'll go for re-election and a second run as CM?

He’s already said he won’t. He was the compromise candidate because no one wanted anyone else. He sort of snuck up on the blind side. If you’d said in June 2016 that he’d be chief minister by October you’d have been offered counselling, at best, sectioning, at worst.

The worrying thing is that there’s no stand out candidate to replace him at 12 months out.

Would Juan, who’s ambition knows no bounds, be willing to give up his robes? You bet. Would Alf throw his hat in the ring? Absolutely. Will LibVans try and push Hooper? Josem as much as said so. Will Ashford try for the job he’s be studying for since before he was out of nappies? You bet.

Help.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1