Teacher’s pay dispute

13 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Yes, increasing teaching salaries here is a win-win.

Make your mind up! If you can...

I very reasonably pointed out that increasing teacher pay will make zero difference to the status quo so why bother and you responded that the good teachers would stay and be reinforced from elsewhere.

What's not to like?

At no time did I mention increasing remuneration.

I trust that simpler explanation helps you grasp the reality.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unions seem to be getting rather irate that government haven’t got money to pay them an extra 9% plus £1.75m lump sums on top of 2.75% they have already had this year. personally I think they are

Teaching assistants are needed because the Island has no special schools for children with serious physical or cognitive impairments, and no pupil referral units for the most unruly. This means classe

I agree with you. Offered a deal and refused it. That funding was used during the pandemic to pay people for not working, including some teachers and to prop up businesses. Now they complain that th

Posted Images

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

Make your mind up! If you can...

I very reasonably pointed out that increasing teacher pay will make zero difference to the status quo so why bother and you responded that the good teachers would stay and be reinforced from elsewhere.

What's not to like?

At no time did I mention increasing remuneration.

I trust that simpler explanation helps you grasp the reality.

Fuck me you're tedious.

Increasing teacher pay will improve the status quo. We have a teacher shortage. It's important that our children are taught, and to a high standard. But you're too blinkered by your stupid anti-teacher sentiment to be capable of accepting that so it's probably not worth bothering is it.

Just now, HeliX said:

Fuck me you're tedious.

That's rich from the posting mogadon.

The days of unions holding govs to ransom should be over.

Frankly using the education of children as a bargaining chip is particularly low and distasteful. It's especially galling in these dark times when so many are and will be facing hardship for a bunch of prima donnas in VERY secure employment to try and selfishly screw a few more quid from the already hard-pressed taxpayer....

• Like 1
Just now, P.K. said:

That's rich from the posting mogadon.

The days of unions holding govs to ransom should be over.

Frankly using the education of children as a bargaining chip is particularly low and distasteful. It's especially galling in these dark times when so many are and will be facing hardship for a bunch of prima donnas in VERY secure employment to try and selfishly screw a few more quid from the already hard-pressed taxpayer....

Teachers are underpaid and we have an understaffing problem. Negotiating hasn't worked.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Teachers are underpaid and we have an understaffing problem. Negotiating hasn't worked.

As has been posted previously, that presumably you missed, understaffing is a widespread problem.

However a teaching post on Mannin is a great deal less stressful than elsewhere.

I suspect someone has done a SWOT.

You DO understand my post above about how the timing is awful?

Or maybe you don't....

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, P.K. said:

As has been posted previously, that presumably you missed, understaffing is a widespread problem.

However a teaching post on Mannin is a great deal less stressful than elsewhere.

I suspect someone has done a SWOT.

You DO understand my post above about how the timing is awful?

Or maybe you don't....

There isn't any good timing for a strike. Because teaching is an essential profession. There also isn't any good timing for being pushed around by the Government about your pay.

4 minutes ago, HeliX said:

There isn't any good timing for a strike. Because teaching is an essential profession. There also isn't any good timing for being pushed around by the Government about your pay.

Zźzzzzzzzzzzzz

14 minutes ago, HeliX said:

But they have just had another large pay rise agreed when inflation is zero and the whole island economy is suffering. Why should the teachers get any more, they have no consideration for others 

5 minutes ago, HeliX said:

There isn't though, is there. As usual you dodge any inconvenient facts.

That's rich coming from you.

The ONLY sort-of reasons you can come up with to try and justify this raid on the public purse is that there is a shortage of teachers nationwide.

Well no shit Sherlock.

Pathetic...

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

But they have just had another large pay rise agreed when inflation is zero and the whole island economy is suffering. Why should the teachers get any more, they have no consideration for others 

Because they've been getting less than they should for a long time, so the offer wasn't enough to redress the issue.

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

That's rich coming from you.

The ONLY sort-of reasons you can come up with to try and justify this raid on the public purse is that there is a shortage of teachers nationwide.

Well no shit Sherlock.

Pathetic...

The shortage must be because it's such a cushy well paid job, as you keep telling us.

And no, that's not the only reason. The pay is pisspoor for the number of hours worked. The pay is pisspoor for the level of responsibility. The pay is pisspoor in context of how much it costs a teacher to become a teacher.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

The shortage must be because it's such a cushy well paid job, as you keep telling us.

And no, that's not the only reason. The pay is pisspoor for the number of hours worked. The pay is pisspoor for the level of responsibility. The pay is pisspoor in context of how much it costs a teacher to become a teacher.

The pay is pisspoor for the number of hours worked?

OK Mr Mogadon, what are the contractual hours of teachers per annum?