Teacher’s pay dispute

30 minutes ago, gettafa said:

There will be many under average teachers riding on the backs of the types you refer to. 

Isn't this every profession though?

I think through all of the companies I've worked in, I'd only pull out one or two names from each as being "remarkables".

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unions seem to be getting rather irate that government haven’t got money to pay them an extra 9% plus £1.75m lump sums on top of 2.75% they have already had this year. personally I think they are

I agree with you. Offered a deal and refused it. That funding was used during the pandemic to pay people for not working, including some teachers and to prop up businesses. Now they complain that th

Teaching assistants are needed because the Island has no special schools for children with serious physical or cognitive impairments, and no pupil referral units for the most unruly. This means classe

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, finlo said:

I always judge the stresses and strains of any profession by how long people survive post retirement.

Teachers normally live to a good age due to long holidays and stress only at limited times

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Banker said:

Teachers normally live to a good age due to long holidays and stress only at limited times

Oh goody, more of your useless "facts" :rolleyes:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Oh goody, more of your useless "facts" :rolleyes:

At least I post facts rather than lies, haven’t seen any post from you saying you wrong about Noble’s cafe & shop staff not being DHSC staff !

1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

this isn't just limited to the teaching profession. Good ones get dragged down by the small minority

1 hour ago, HeliX said:

Isn't this every profession though?

I think through all of the companies I've worked in, I'd only pull out one or two names from each as being "remarkables".

Most 'professions' will weed out inadequacy and under-performance, but so what, we're not talking about other 'professions'. We're talking about teachers. 

Oh, and it is not "the small minority". Not from my direct personal experience over 13+ years.

Edited by gettafa
26 minutes ago, Banker said:

Whilst an American study it shows teachers of all public employees have longest retirement, probably same in UK 

https://www.teacherpensions.org/blog/new-actuarial-study-good-news-teachers-price-tag-states

That's a pretty big assumption to make considering that the education system and how it's administered in the U.S. is very different to in the U.K. Not to mention the fact that the teacher unions are probably more powerful, better resourced, and more politically active in the U.S. than in the U.K.

51 minutes ago, Banker said:

At least I post facts rather than lies, haven’t seen any post from you saying you wrong about Noble’s cafe & shop staff not being DHSC staff !

Newsflash - they are not facts when you get them wrong...

25 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Most 'professions' will weed out inadequacy and under-performance, but so what, we're not talking about other 'professions'. We're talking about teachers. 

Oh, and it is not "the small minority". Not from my direct personal experience over 13+ years.

I'll take my 45+ years over yours...

eta it's actually 50+ :flowers:

Edited by Neil Down
  • Like 1
32 minutes ago, gettafa said:

I've seen maybe 2 people let go for being shite over the course of my working life.

Which doesn't even come close to the number of people who have been shite.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Newsflash - they are not facts when you get them wrong...

News flash, the post was correct the cafe staff are government employees and you were wrong as usual