Teacher’s pay dispute

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unions seem to be getting rather irate that government haven’t got money to pay them an extra 9% plus £1.75m lump sums on top of 2.75% they have already had this year. personally I think they are

Trouble is, how do you objectively measure the outcome of a teacher?  Teacher A gets set 1 and everyone gets a top grade.  Teacher B gets set 6 and barely anyone sits the exam.  Teacher C has a pastor

Teaching assistants are needed because the Island has no special schools for children with serious physical or cognitive impairments, and no pupil referral units for the most unruly. This means classe

Posted Images

I bet hospital and care staff whose leave is restricted will be made up if the teachers get this. And they'll be the first out the door if/when we get any level of community transmission.

• Like 3

Yep, next time these  greedy, self-satisfied, self-important, smug teachers are lounging around in the staff room they should take a few minutes to compare themselves with health workers. Then think themselves grateful, stfu and start doing their jobs.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Yep, next time these  greedy, self-satisfied, self-important, smug teachers are lounging around in the staff room they should take a few minutes to compare themselves with health workers. Then think themselves grateful, stfu and start doing their jobs.

Or we could improve conditions in both roles, given they're both pretty important for a functioning society.

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Or we could improve conditions in both roles, given they're both pretty important for a functioning society.

So you think teachers should get even more holidays so they can visit UK or abroad and no one else can?

38 minutes ago, Banker said:

So you think teachers should get even more holidays so they can visit UK or abroad and no one else can?

you should learn to read and understand what was posted...

2 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

you should learn to read and understand what was posted...

I can read perfectly well what’s proposed, why don’t you occasionally contribute instead of trolling anyone else who posts anything you disagree with.

43 minutes ago, Banker said:

No. I think we should improve conditions and pay in the nursing and teaching professions. Among others.

6 minutes ago, HeliX said:

No. I think we should improve conditions and pay in the nursing and teaching professions. Among others.

Don’t think anyone would dispute pay & conditions for nursing but doubt many will agree with teachers getting better holidays etc

• Like 2
Just now, Banker said:

Don’t think anyone would dispute pay & conditions for nursing but doubt many will agree with teachers getting better holidays etc

Unless I'm misinterpreting, what they're actually looking at is shuffling the Christmas holiday around so that people can be in the UK for Christmas but still enough time to isolate and come back to work afterwards. Which seems fairly reasonable. It's not about giving more days holiday in total, just moving them about. I'd imagine it's not a pleasant situation to be in, not being able to get home to your family for Christmas.

7 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Unless I'm misinterpreting, what they're actually looking at is shuffling the Christmas holiday around so that people can be in the UK for Christmas but still enough time to isolate and come back to work afterwards. Which seems fairly reasonable. It's not about giving more days holiday in total, just moving them about. I'd imagine it's not a pleasant situation to be in, not being able to get home to your family for Christmas.

I agree it’s not acceptable to not see family but a large number on island are in same position and I don’t think they should give preference to teachers.

we should ease border restrictions like Channel Islands but lots on this forum will disagree and tell those who want to see family to use Skype!!

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

I agree it’s not acceptable to not see family but a large number on island are in same position and I don’t think they should give preference to teachers.

we should ease border restrictions like Channel Islands but lots on this forum will disagree and tell those who want to see family to use Skype!!

Yes, there is Skype, FaceTime, WhatsApp etc.. 

Maybe I’m just getting old and more boring, but I don’t see the big deal with Xmas these days. Maybe because our kids have grown up now.  To me it is just a bonanza for shops and restaurants. Xmas now has little to do with the biblical story .:ph34r:

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Banker said:

People in jobs without rigid holiday dates have more flexibility to structure it themselves though. I don't think this is really giving preference to teachers, just trying to make it so they can get home if their home is the UK.

4 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Yes, there is Skype, FaceTime, WhatsApp etc.. 

Maybe I’m just getting old and more boring, but I don’t see the big deal with Xmas these days. Maybe because our kids have grown up now.  To me it is just a bonanza for shops and restaurants. Xmas now has little to do with the biblical story .:ph34r:

Christmas is probably my favourite time of year. Not the presents and town being a nightmare, but having a few days on the trot to spend exclusively with family and friends is really enjoyable.

27 minutes ago, HeliX said:

People in jobs without rigid holiday dates have more flexibility to structure it themselves though. I don't think this is really giving preference to teachers, just trying to make it so they can get home if their home is the UK.

What a stupid statement.

People in jobs without at least 12 weeks rigid holiday time off per year also have kids which ties them to going away during the school holidays as well.

"More flexibility" indeed....!