Teacher’s pay dispute

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unions seem to be getting rather irate that government haven’t got money to pay them an extra 9% plus £1.75m lump sums on top of 2.75% they have already had this year. personally I think they are

Trouble is, how do you objectively measure the outcome of a teacher?  Teacher A gets set 1 and everyone gets a top grade.  Teacher B gets set 6 and barely anyone sits the exam.  Teacher C has a pastor

Teaching assistants are needed because the Island has no special schools for children with serious physical or cognitive impairments, and no pupil referral units for the most unruly. This means classe

Posted Images

The rot goes deeper than that I hear.

They even gave a top legal job to an ex union rep so they were inside pissing out, rather than outside pissing in.

1 hour ago, x-in-man said:

The rot goes deeper than that I hear.

They even gave a top legal job to an ex union rep so they were inside pissing out, rather than outside pissing in.

What ‘top legal job’ does the DESC even need?!

23 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

What ‘top legal job’ does the DESC even need?!

There isn't one. They have someone who checks they're acting lawfully, and liaises with the AG if they need advice. It's not a 'top job'.

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, manxman34 said:

There isn't one. They have someone who checks they're acting lawfully, and liaises with the AG if they need advice. It's not a 'top job'.

I understand that every dept has a legal-implant (sounds painful!) from the AG's office to keep a watchful eye on matters contractual etc. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Andy Onchan said:

I understand that every dept has a legal-implant (sounds painful!) from the AG's office to keep a watchful eye on matters contractual etc. 

The one in DOI must have their work cut out. Or they're permanently asleep.

• Haha 2
On 9/23/2020 at 7:55 PM, Sentience said:

Standard procedure here in the IOM. It's called 'SNAFU'.....Situation normal, all f.....d up!

NO accountability for any CS/PS's crazy ideas with  their 'ASSUMED KNOWLEDGE' of most situations that have gone very wrong, sometimes having  grave consequences for those on the ground, forced to actually carry out these 'halfwit plans' because CS/PS 'position snobery' does not involve even consulting frontline  staff, those with real common sense and REAL LIFE experience 'on the job'.

This lack of responsibility permeates almost ALL areas of CS/PS. Get it wrong and you may have to endure a move to another department (oh dear, how awful....sic).....on the same, or sometimes increased salary (AND RESULTANT PENSION!!) to continue your F..k ups, hence the abbreviation SNAFU!!

Humble pie for tea perhaps?:D

It has taken an impartial external review to expose this situation and these failings. Now obviously this is the purpose of the review, it's what these things are for.

What is worrying IMHO is that those at the top of this Dept had apparently allowed this situation and failings to develop and were either blind to them or disinterested enough to ignore them. Or, perhaps had any concerns dismissed if they had indeed flagged them up. 

Simply resigning is not good enough. Questions need to be asked of the attitude and competence level of those previously richly rewarded for the responsibility of the management of this Dept. And of their own overseers who allowed them to proceed in such a fashion, because this clearly goes beyond the Dept itself. It is symptomatic of our whole current system of governance.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

It has taken an impartial external review to expose this situation and these failings. Now obviously this is the purpose of the review, it's what these things are for.

What is worrying IMHO is that those at the top of this Dept had apparently allowed this situation and failings to develop and were either blind to them or disinterested enough to ignore them. Or, perhaps had any concerns dismissed if they had indeed flagged them up. 

Simply resigning is not good enough. Questions need to be asked of the attitude and competence level of those previously richly rewarded for the responsibility of the management of this Dept. And of their own overseers who allowed them to proceed in such a fashion, because this clearly goes beyond the Dept itself. It is symptomatic of our whole current system of governance.

Well if cregeen had any morals he would resign as well as ultimately he was in charge and was always saying my officers have my full confidence.

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well if cregeen had any morals he would resign as well as ultimately he was in charge and was always saying my officers have my full confidence.

If Quayle had any morals he would sack Cregeen.

• Like 4