TheTeapot

Shoot Geoffrey Boot

Front page of The Courier

Image may contain: 1 person

What an absolute CUNT.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Personally I'd tie his ankle to a stake with a length of rope beforehand too, it would be more sporting if he's allowed a bit of movement.

• Like 3

I'd like to see more big game hunting in the Isle of Man. Elephants, Tigers, Bears, Wild Boar, that sort of thing. Could be a great boost to Tourism and really kick start the economy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

This is probably the first time in my life I've ever agreed with Bill Henderson. What a weird year.

• Like 1

My favourite Jonathan Pie, starting at the appropriate bit for this thread:

Anyone that voted for jethro and are now surprised at the outcome should be eliminated from society. If we could make a few quid out of a running man style human hunt and shoot then it's definitely worth exploring, preferably while naked and smothered in treacle, the runner can wear what they want though.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I guess the suggestion re manhunts indicates that some are missing the traditional Manx blood sport of the TT.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Front page of The Courier

Image may contain: 1 person

What an absolute CUNT.

But birds have been imported most years in their thousands , haven’t they, to be reared for the shoot ?

20 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

But birds have been imported most years in their thousands , haven’t they, to be reared for the shoot ?

Well they fucking shouldn't.

I wish I had the magic finger...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

Well they fucking shouldn't.

I wish I had the magic finger...

I agree.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

This is probably the first time in my life I've ever agreed with Bill Henderson. What a weird year.

What did Henderson say that you agreed with?

He condemned it, saying stuff like 'we should not be involved with the indiscriminate killing of animals for sport'. Which is inarguable.

• Like 12

Do us all a favour and get this clown out on his ass at the next election, Peel; even if you have to elect a monkey. With all that's going on and what we face for the future, Boot's in the wrong place, the wrong time and in the wrong job. Jeez, we're even paying him... 

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

I have mixed views about this, I do not particularly like or participate in game shooting, and do not understand how people can derive pleasure out of killing anything. Hunting for food if it was necessary due to societal collapse I understand, but although I would do it to survive (I am not a vegetarian) I would not take any pleasure out of doing it.

Conversely these specific birds (the ones that would be released) only exist because they are bred in farms as game, and once released the vast majority avoid being shot and frankly move into other areas and viable populations are created that sustain our local raptors, polecats etc. I am led to believe that unlike Pheasants the Partridges are native birds and their reintroduction should then be welcomed, even if the ethics for their introduction could be viewed as distasteful by many.   

On balance I would support the introduction of a game season, if only because they are a bird that would compliment our current wildlife.

Edited by Out of the blue
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1