I’m up for hunting Boot and his ilk. Set them off down in Baldwin Valley and tell them to make it up to Windy Corner. I’ll give them 30 minute head start and then I’ll set off skilled equestrians armed with lances. 30 minutes after that, blokes on off-road motorbikes armed with flails. Film the lot from a drone and sell it to Sky Sports. We’ll make a fortune. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He condemned it, saying stuff like 'we should not be involved with the indiscriminate killing of animals for sport'. Which is inarguable.  

I'm still waiting for the Govt justification and Economic Case for this. How many 100s of £ks is this going to bring to Manx Treasury? Or is it just Baron Boot and/or a few wealthy acquaintances

I'd like to see more big game hunting in the Isle of Man. Elephants, Tigers, Bears, Wild Boar, that sort of thing. Could be a great boost to Tourism and really kick start the economy.

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Uhtred said:

I’m up for hunting Boot and his ilk. Set them off down in Baldwin Valley and tell them to make it up to Windy Corner. I’ll give them 30 minute head start and then I’ll set off skilled equestrians armed with lances. 30 minutes after that, blokes on off-road motorbikes armed with flails. Film the lot from a drone and sell it to Sky Sports. We’ll make a fortune. 

Drones disguised as partridges?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm still waiting for the Govt justification and Economic Case for this. How many 100s of £ks is this going to bring to Manx Treasury?

Or is it just Baron Boot and/or a few wealthy acquaintances looking forward to spending a few hours blatting the hell out of imported and local wildlife during otherwise idle hours?

High time this individual was exported on a non-return ticket. Peel voters please note.

• Like 9
8 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

I'm still waiting for the Govt justification and Economic Case for this. How many 100s of £ks is this going to bring to Manx Treasury?

Or is it just Baron Boot and/or a few wealthy acquaintances looking forward to spending a few hours blatting the hell out of imported and local wildlife during otherwise idle hours?

High time this individual was exported on a non-return ticket. Peel voters please note.

I never voted for Boot and must admit that my thoughts at the time were who shall vote for Boot or Hanson and Hanson won, my conscience is clear. How that clown got voted in is beyond me, although he looked like he was joint at the hip with that other bozo Harmer, I can assure everyone I would vote for the Moddey Dhoo and Gef the mongoose before I vote for them pair. I would not rule out TC and HH standing again next year.

• Haha 1

On 7/18/2020 at 4:10 PM, Uhtred said:

...but Uhtred, you'd do that to any MHK!!! :P

Head above parapet mode...........

Killing for Pleasure is wrong, just wrong!

We Humans should be above that sort of arrogance that lets us believe that we have the right to kill, purely for our pleasure!

To stock our moorlands or reservoirs with things to kill makes it even worse?

Edited by Kopek
29 minutes ago, Kopek said:

...but Uhtred, you'd do that to any MHK!!! :P

Not all...most.  But I’d cut them some slack. I wouldn’t film it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
59 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I'm assuming this got rightfully thrown out of Tynwald?

Not been moved according to Tynwald TwitterItem 23 was:

23. Game Act 1957

The Minister for Environment, Food and Agriculture to move –

That the Game (Amendment) Order 2020 [SD No 2020/0304] [MEMO] be approved.

Which is a pity as we all enjoy a bit of blood sport when it's Boot in the firing line.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Head above parapet mode...........

Killing for Pleasure is wrong, just wrong!

We Humans should be above that sort of arrogance that lets us believe that we have the right to kill, purely for our pleasure!

To stock our moorlands or reservoirs with things to kill makes it even worse?

No need for head above parapet mode. Most right thinking people would agree with you on this

• Thanks 2
54 minutes ago, ian rush said:

Dont worry Tim Crookall will stand for MHK next time...

Now there’s an Oxygen thief...

• Thanks 1