Jump to content
Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
TheTeapot

Shoot Geoffrey Boot

Recommended Posts

I’m up for hunting Boot and his ilk. Set them off down in Baldwin Valley and tell them to make it up to Windy Corner. I’ll give them 30 minute head start and then I’ll set off skilled equestrians armed with lances. 30 minutes after that, blokes on off-road motorbikes armed with flails. Film the lot from a drone and sell it to Sky Sports. We’ll make a fortune. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Uhtred said:

I’m up for hunting Boot and his ilk. Set them off down in Baldwin Valley and tell them to make it up to Windy Corner. I’ll give them 30 minute head start and then I’ll set off skilled equestrians armed with lances. 30 minutes after that, blokes on off-road motorbikes armed with flails. Film the lot from a drone and sell it to Sky Sports. We’ll make a fortune. 

Drones disguised as partridges?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still waiting for the Govt justification and Economic Case for this. How many 100s of £ks is this going to bring to Manx Treasury?

Or is it just Baron Boot and/or a few wealthy acquaintances looking forward to spending a few hours blatting the hell out of imported and local wildlife during otherwise idle hours?

High time this individual was exported on a non-return ticket. Peel voters please note.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

I'm still waiting for the Govt justification and Economic Case for this. How many 100s of £ks is this going to bring to Manx Treasury?

Or is it just Baron Boot and/or a few wealthy acquaintances looking forward to spending a few hours blatting the hell out of imported and local wildlife during otherwise idle hours?

High time this individual was exported on a non-return ticket. Peel voters please note.

I never voted for Boot and must admit that my thoughts at the time were who shall vote for Boot or Hanson and Hanson won, my conscience is clear. How that clown got voted in is beyond me, although he looked like he was joint at the hip with that other bozo Harmer, I can assure everyone I would vote for the Moddey Dhoo and Gef the mongoose before I vote for them pair. I would not rule out TC and HH standing again next year.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm assuming this got rightfully thrown out of Tynwald?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 7/18/2020 at 4:10 PM, Uhtred said:

I’m up for hunting Boot and his ilk. Set them off down in Baldwin Valley and tell them to make it up to Windy Corner. I’ll give them 30 minute head start and then I’ll set off skilled equestrians armed with lances. 30 minutes after that, blokes on off-road motorbikes armed with flails. Film the lot from a drone and sell it to Sky Sports. We’ll make a fortune. 

...but Uhtred, you'd do that to any MHK!!! :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Head above parapet mode...........

Killing for Pleasure is wrong, just wrong!

We Humans should be above that sort of arrogance that lets us believe that we have the right to kill, purely for our pleasure!

To stock our moorlands or reservoirs with things to kill makes it even worse?

Edited by Kopek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Kopek said:

 

...but Uhtred, you'd do that to any MHK!!! :P

 

Not all...most.  But I’d cut them some slack. I wouldn’t film it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I'm assuming this got rightfully thrown out of Tynwald?

Not been moved according to Tynwald TwitterItem 23 was:

Quote

23. Game Act 1957

The Minister for Environment, Food and Agriculture to move –

That the Game (Amendment) Order 2020 [SD No 2020/0304] [MEMO] be approved.

Which is a pity as we all enjoy a bit of blood sport when it's Boot in the firing line.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Head above parapet mode...........

Killing for Pleasure is wrong, just wrong!

We Humans should be above that sort of arrogance that lets us believe that we have the right to kill, purely for our pleasure!

To stock our moorlands or reservoirs with things to kill makes it even worse?

No need for head above parapet mode. Most right thinking people would agree with you on this

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trouble is our very presence on the planet in such masses is killing things off without us really trying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where we can make a difference, we should try to do so.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont worry Tim Crookall will stand for MHK next time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, ian rush said:

Dont worry Tim Crookall will stand for MHK next time...

Now there’s an Oxygen thief...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not seen any indication yet that that is actually going to happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...