Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
TheTeapot

Shoot Geoffrey Boot

If he stood against Harmer and Boot after their current terms/performances, would you bet against it?

Nope

A dog on the streets could get elected out west right now

Not that I'm suggesting Mr Crookall is a dog, far from it

41 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Not seen any indication yet that that is actually going to happen

It's what he said when he decided to withdraw his nomination for LegCo back in March:

The former Peel MHK says he's now considering standing for the House of Keys in the 2021 General Election, so has decided to stand back from LegCo.

Mr Crookall was first elected to Keys in 2006, before being elected to the Council in 2015.

Of course he may have changed his mind since or it may have been because he felt that he didn't have enough support to get re-elected to LegCo, but it's what he said.

I would imagine he would have a good chance, given that the main reason that Harmer and (especially) Boot got in was because the only other dog in the race was Hanson.

Yep if the west doesn’t throw up some new interesting candidates T.C will stroll back in.

To be honest, I've got nothing against hunting for food infact I'm quite pro-hunting. I think that anyone who eats meat and hasn't killed is a bit of a hypocrite. 

Arguably the animal has had a better life and usually it is killed quicker more humanely than in many slaughter houses.

Hunting for trophies however is a different matter. 

Although, this is frankly ridiculous as we've got plenty of other stuff to shoot and frankly for Mr Boot, we've got more pressing matters to deal with at the moment!

• Sad 1

What about the ones that are winged and go to die a slow and painful death in the undergrowth somewhere.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, monasqueen said:

What about the ones that are winged and go to die a slow and painful death in the undergrowth somewhere.

You'll see that I said 'usually'. 

That's also what gun dogs are for.

They are still probably killed faster than being played with by my machiavellian cats. 

Edited by The Phantom

You have to be quite sick in the head to import living creatures just to shoot them. One would hope this move cancelled any chance of re-election he may have had. I will happily sponsor any credible candidate who stands against him next time. 

• Like 2

We could import Germans and shoot them , after all you spent a lot of time shooting us. 

On 7/24/2020 at 11:10 AM, Donald Trumps said:

Nope

A dog on the streets could get elected out west right now

Not that I'm suggesting Mr Crookall is a dog, far from it

Correct. A dog can learn things.

• Haha 1

Re wilding a lot of non economic farming land, perhaps followed by the re introduction of native species I could get behind. This would fit nicely with the green and biosphere agendas and aid wildlife tourism at little (relative) cost. To import a now very rare if not non existent species just to shoot them is madness ! Boot has either not thought this through or doesn't care as long as he and his mates can have fun slaughtering things !

Partridges are an endangered species across. It is very rare now that I see one whilst travelling in England. 

There is more logic in importing some to protect them, rather than to shoot them, though that suggestion will fall foul of the anti red squirrel people.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

Partridges are an endangered species across. It is very rare now that I see one whilst travelling in England. 

There is more logic in importing some to protect them, rather than to shoot them, though that suggestion will fall foul of the anti red squirrel people.

Were Red squirrels ever native to the island ? that is perhaps the acid test. I don't profess to be an expert by any means but from those who are, I understand that non native species can have serious effects down to the sort of microbic levels in soils etc, things I had never thought of.

• Like 2

Release Boot into the wild, smeared in thick animal grease and naked as a savage, with a big bullseye painted on his ass in red white and blue. Let the voters of Peel hunt him down.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Release Boot into the wild, smeared in thick animal grease and naked as a savage, with a big bullseye painted on his ass in red white and blue. Let the voters of Peel hunt him down.

This would make me move to Peel. And buy a crossbow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1