20mph urban limit to be discussed later!

Just now, HeliX said:

Can my premiums only be calculated against other people who have a basic grasp of how to request the minimum grip from the tyre in any given situation?

There's an absolute fortune to be made disabling self limiters though, so that's nice I suppose.

Annual MOT checks will sort those issues out. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The future lies in average speed cameras. On a route in my native Fylde there was a catalogue of fatal collisions. It was a single carriage way country road that actually ran past my parents pub. Even

Where/what is the data to suggest that further restrictions on the motorist are necessary? Or are we, as usual, just amassing regulation and restrictions on the public for the sake of it?

Correct. I live in a 20 mph area. Regularly see people doing 35-40 mph. Every day. 

Just now, Apple said:

Annual MOT checks will sort those issues out. :rolleyes:

Or provide recurring revenue to enable it prior to an MOT and disable it after one.

It's never been hard to find a friendly MOT mechanic either. One who'll hold the noise meter a bit further away than the spec requests...

It is how it is policed that counts but that is another story and one for government to determine.

Anyway, you are probably right (my mother always told me that was the best way to extricate from a pointless argument). 

Back on topic, 20 is plenty in and around the villages.

Just now, Apple said:

Back on topic, 20 is plenty in and around the villages.

Anyone speeding in 20 or 30 zones ought to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

40 and up you can probably justify a little leeway, but there is no excuse for speeding in 20/30 zones. They're 20/30 because they could quite likely have kids/animals running about.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, HeliX said:

Anyone speeding in 20 or 30 zones ought to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

40 and up you can probably justify a little leeway, but there is no excuse for speeding in 20/30 zones. They're 20/30 because they could quite likely have kids/animals running about.

Do what are the 40 zones for?

1 minute ago, WTF said:

Do what are the 40 zones for?

Varies dunnit. Some of them are to slow traffic from a National to 30, some are due to the occasional house on the road, some are due to a school and would probably otherwise be 50mph zones, etc.

I'm not suggesting people should be allowed to speed in 40 zones, but I think 20 and 30s should have zero tolerance. 40 should remain basically how it is now, a bit of discretion from any officer dealing with someone caught speeding in it.

• Like 1