Gef the Mongoose, Howard's Der Sturmer?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They were a PR or Advertising company and gave it a fair crack of the whip but then back end of 2019 it just wasn't working out for them so they seemed to let it slide. It's not everyone's cup of tea

I can't help but wonder how many millennials/members of Gen Z were clamouring for a nostalgia piece about Griddles. KFC, maybe, but Griddles? The typeface is horrible and fails a fair bit of acce

I think my concern is them paying a news outlet to release prepared bulletins without their own scrutiny and opinions. They cease to become news media and become a government trumpet.   

Posted Images

What’s your concern Max? Governments own PR efforts in the early days were so poor that they probably had to blow £10k to use a platform that actually seemed to be able to effectively communicate with the public in a measured and non condescending way. It was the fear spreading Facebook idiots they had to try to get onside and Gef the Mongy was probably the right platform for that as Karen on Facebook probably was also following that as well. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1

HQ felt pressured by the powerful questioning of Paul Moultan and Tim Glover that they paid Gef to come and throw some softballs. Hahaha. Wonder how much they gave business365?

• Like 3

From 2018. Apparently link below turned out a publicity stunt to get the Government's favoured and financed some publicity. And put Isle of Man Newspapers where they think is their place (outside in the cold). A few comments to read too:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=39180&headline=Watterson%20bans%20press%20from%20LegCo%20election&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2018

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=39294&headline=MLCs%20to%20usher%20in%20new%20era%20of%20gender%20equality&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2018

Edited by gettafa

Pressured by the powerful questioning from Paul Moulton....do me a favour.....he made a laughing stock of himself, and Tim Glover was not much better, a bigger pair of plonkers you would be hard pressed to find.:stupid:

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

What’s your concern Max? Governments own PR efforts in the early days were so poor that they probably had to blow £10k to use a platform that actually seemed to be able to effectively communicate with the public in a measured and non condescending way. It was the fear spreading Facebook idiots they had to try to get onside and Gef the Mongy was probably the right platform for that as Karen on Facebook probably was also following that as well. 

I think my concern is them paying a news outlet to release prepared bulletins without their own scrutiny and opinions. They cease to become news media and become a government trumpet.   

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, gettafa said:

A few comments to read too:

Largely by some idiot called Neil Dean it would appear who seemed to have a lot to say about nothing. I’d bet they were worried about the absolute wild fire of fake news spreading on Facebook and Gef was an effective way to get to that Facebook audience. It probably wasn’t a bad call. Who wanted to hear Tim Glover angrily say anything about anything at that time? But I’m sure a lot of Facebook idiots read a Mongy Gef article and bought an “Ashy” t-shirt in adulation of our health ‘leader’! 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Don’t we pay Manx Radio £800,000 a year to do the same? 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Pressured by the powerful questioning from Paul Moulton....do me a favour.....he made a laughing stock of himself, and Tim Glover was not much better, a bigger pair of plonkers you would be hard pressed to find.:stupid:

Err... woosh?

Just now, thesultanofsheight said:

Don’t we pay Manx Radio £800,000 a year to do the same? 

Similarly yes, but at least they report and use live announcements which people can make up their own minds. 

Gef the Mongoose is written by morons (or if you prefer, ‘credulous juveniles’, the term I used last week) for morons, as that ‘Howie and Ashy’ cringefest ably demonstrated.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Max Power said:

Similarly yes, but at least they report and use live announcements which people can make up their own minds. 

It’s just different audiences I’d guess. To reach the brainless Facebook wildfire spreaders they probably made an ok call to use Mongy Gef as a platform. 

• Like 1

I have really become pissed off with the quality of our local news people.  On the Thursday briefing, typically Howard would say testing is pointless on arrival because of the delay in incubation.  Then each great reporter will ask why we can't just test on arrival. GRR!,

• Like 2