Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Max Power

Big new boat in the bay!

A new boat n the morning   

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Perhaps they were concerned that their heavy tanks might fall through the deck.

1 hour ago, Donald Trumps said:

The US Military have persisted with buying Austal vessels

Not sure why they did away with the Manannan, maybe the US Army decided it wasn't in the business of shifting tanks around by sea in a vessel not really designed for long passages

The Manannan was a demonstration vessel, on loan to the USMC for evaluation. Their subsequent orders may have modifications following that evaluation? 

7 minutes ago, Max Power said:

The Manannan was a demonstration vessel, on loan to the USMC for evaluation. Their subsequent orders may have modifications following that evaluation? 

She was chartered for six or seven years

46 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

She was chartered for six or seven years

I think it was three Donald, I'm not sure it was even that old when we got it?

14 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I think it was three Donald, I'm not sure it was even that old when we got it?

5. It was 8 when we bought and 9 when it went into service. Started service originally in 1998. And Jonathan Swift, as WestPac Express ( about 5 metres longer than Manannan ) for 12 or 15. Jonathan Swift seems to manage the Irish Sea storms better than Manannan.

WestPac/Jonathan Swift must have suited the US Navy. They had 10 subsequent ones built.

• Like 1

Mr Baker now advising that the Liverpool Terminal is "unlikely to be finished in time". COVID blamed.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Fucking farce.  End of. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Prom, terminal, Hospital, Tourism, Horse trams, buses, the Police, Villa complex, swimming pool, cycle lanes, Gas, MEA.

Lets just call the new boat Quayle’s Sunken Ship and be done.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, x-in-man said:

Prom, terminal, Hospital, Tourism, Horse trams, buses, the Police, Villa complex, swimming pool, cycle lanes, Gas, MEA.

Lets just call the new boat Quayle’s Sunken Ship and be done.  

I don't think DOI have actually got anything to do with the construction of the Terminal have they? Although if it does come under their sort of oversight in any way, that's the kiss of death.

28 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I don't think DOI have actually got anything to do with the construction of the Terminal have they? Although if it does come under their sort of oversight in any way, that's the kiss of death.

Former minister Harmer did a spade in the ground photo op, so they must have something to do with it.

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Former minister Harmer did a spade in the ground photo op, so they must have something to do with it.

somebody should have taken the opportunity to clang it off the back of this head...

So, if it's "unlikely to be finished on time", is this a euphemism for "even further over budget"?

We started at £3 - £5M didn't we, Phil? That rose incrementally until we got to the last figure which IIRC was £40M? Any bets on where this is going to finish for our "Cars and Nice people only, no Nasty Wagons and Freight", Terminal?