Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Max Power

Big new boat in the bay!

A new boat n the morning   

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

On the contrary, I think it’s rather unlikely to be called ‘Yum, yum...this Labrador tastes delicious’.

That would be

닭고기와 같은 맛

I would vote for Kipper too.

• Like 1

My expert team has decided that it should be called either 'the Boat' or 'Steam Packet One'.

Invoice to follow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mongoose-Man said:

The last Snaefell only left service about 10 years ago.

Well there you go. I didn't remember it was even called the Snaefell! Bin that idea then. How about Barrule?

• Like 1

I’m getting snippets. It’ll carry between 1100-1200 passengers. There’ll be more cabins and premium lounges/seating ( its all about up selling ). Slightly more freight and vehicle capacity. Service speed will be 18/19 knts but it will be capable of sustaining 25. That’ll give a sub 3 hour Heysham for TT, allowing 3 round trips a day at peak demand.

If successful over 3-4 years there’ll be a sister ship, to replace the fast craft.

Of course, if any of that is true, and not man in the pub talk, and I haven’t been in a pub since before lockdown, it raises interesting questions about the viability of Liverpool. it’ll never be full apart from TT, that’s a lot of over capacity, do we need a very expensive terminal for what isn’t our main gateway?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Oh yes...good one John...’Moaners Isle’; that’s covered all of us.

Thnx

However good it is it will be moaned about, incessantly 

• Like 2

I trust it will have a decent infirmary with the capabilities to test every pax for Covid-19 en route....

"Slightly larger than the Ben" thus making the harbour "slightly smaller" than it needs to be.

I'm guessing the "Cruiser Berth" has sunk without trace....?

If these Korean shipbuilders can build this vessel on time and on budget then their managing director should be instantly dismissed on the spot, it's hardly good business sense.

• Like 1

Talking of budget what is the pre-brexit £price...?

34 minutes ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

Well there you go. I didn't remember it was even called the Snaefell! Bin that idea then. How about Barrule?

It was hastily renamed Snaefell to distance itself from it's sinking incident in the Mersey.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, pongo said:

The Lady Man.

The Lactose Intolerant Gay Black Lady Man

(dunno what lactose intolerant is but it just seemed to fit. Apologies to anyone who is if it doesn't)

• Haha 1

I'm not interested in a "sailing experience" because my requirements are to cross the Irish Sea as conveniently and cheaply as possible.

Presumably "up selling" increases the costs?

Therefore it should be called "Kippered"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

...do we need a very expensive terminal for what isn’t our main gateway?

This is doubtless a rhetorical question as we’ve all known the answer for a very long time.

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

I’m getting snippets. It’ll carry between 1100-1200 passengers. There’ll be more cabins and premium lounges/seating ( its all about up selling ). Slightly more freight and vehicle capacity. Service speed will be 18/19 knts but it will be capable of sustaining 25. That’ll give a sub 3 hour Heysham for TT, allowing 3 round trips a day at peak demand.

If successful over 3-4 years there’ll be a sister ship, to replace the fast craft.

Of course, if any of that is true, and not man in the pub talk, and I haven’t been in a pub since before lockdown, it raises interesting questions about the viability of Liverpool. it’ll never be full apart from TT, that’s a lot of over capacity, do we need a very expensive terminal for what isn’t our main gateway?

I always prefered Liverpool when it was our main port. I understand the freight restriction but from a passenger's point of view I'd always choose Liverpool over Heysham?  Perhaps it is the timetable that makes the difference?

I always felt that a couple of big signs on the M6/M62 junction clearly pointing the way to "Isle of Man Ferries" would be some of the best subliminal advertising we could spend a bit of cash on? 

• Like 3