Airport “forgot” to open?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're having a laugh! Because bad organisation always starts at the top. IOMG is the epitome of the expression "over managed and under led" and that's how they like it....

Blowing in the wind by now, Gladys. Along with any other truths about what goes on over here half the time, due to a total culture of unaccountability and responsibility within certainly, the upp

Contacts within the airport tell me that the director has issued an email to all airport staff basically exonerating the management team of any responsibility and slapping the blame firmly on Aurigny.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Hmmmm said:

These people are well paid and have to be accountable.

That's a nice thought but.... you have missed out IOMG strapline.......Isle of Man Where You Can...... avoid being accountable, that is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, John Wright said:

Apart from Hamilton it’s normally tagged on to the end of an existing shift/opening hours. Hamilton was preebooked.

And Aurigny weren't?

19 minutes ago, Gladys said:

And Aurigny weren't?

No one has actually said what  the booking times were and whether its a misapprehension on the part of Aurigny a miscommunication between Aurigny and Ronaldsway, or a Ronaldsway cock up. 

I know what my money is on. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

No one has actually said what  the booking times were and whether its a misapprehension on the part of Aurigny a miscommunication between Aurigny and Ronaldsway, or a Ronaldsway cock up. 

I know what my money is on. 

Well we know they took 36 hours to get their story out - and then changed it (without admitting they had).  Presumably the time was taken up by bribing Augigny with the promise of future work so they wouldn't squeal.  If the same level of time, effort and money went running things properly as goes into avoiding blame, then things would be a lot better.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well we know they took 36 hours to get their story out - and then changed it (without admitting they had).  Presumably the time was taken up by bribing Augigny with the promise of future work so they wouldn't squeal.  If the same level of time, effort and money went running things properly as goes into avoiding blame, then things would be a lot better.

Bang on. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Things would go a lot smoother for them if they just employed the experts on here... :rolleyes:

• Sad 1

I have just seen some correspondence on an unconnected matter from the airport (JEZ) and am aghast at the number of senior and management positions the e mail is copied to, to run a  little airport. No wonder we are bloody broke ! Clearly I cannot reproduce the mail but trust me its amazing.

• Like 1

If it's anything like the Railways Management structure that was posted on here a few years back it won't come as any surprise to many. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, asitis said:

I have just seen some correspondence on an unconnected matter from the airport (JEZ) and am aghast at the number of senior and management positions the e mail is copied to, to run a  little airport. No wonder we are bloody broke ! Clearly I cannot reproduce the mail but trust me its amazing.

Who said we were broke?

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Mr Baker has spoken on the matter now - a relatively contrite interview, pity it took 4 days.   

This is the problem though, who do they have to wait 4 days to wheel Tim Baker out when, other than him being the minister in charge, it's nothing to do with him.

Get the Airport management out on the radio to explain why.

• Like 6

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/not-one-of-our-finest-moments-says-minister/

if you listen to the second, longer, clip, he still says nothing. He avoids blaming anybody. I’m happy with that. There needs to be a proper enquiry before anyone is blamed BUT after four days it’s inconceivable that the paper trail hasn’t been examined and the break in the chain hasn’t been identified.

• Like 6
52 minutes ago, John Wright said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/not-one-of-our-finest-moments-says-minister/

if you listen to the second, longer, clip, he still says nothing. He avoids blaming anybody. I’m happy with that. There needs to be a proper enquiry before anyone is blamed BUT after four days it’s inconceivable that the paper trail hasn’t been examined and the break in the chain hasn’t been identified.

Exactly.  I don't want a head on a plate, just someone to take responsibility and not only to apologise for the cock up, but why it took so long for there to be an official response.  I would imagine the break in the chain would have been identified within hours, and the rest of the time has been spent passing the buck. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rhumsaa said:

This is the problem though, who do they have to wait 4 days to wheel Tim Baker out when, other than him being the minister in charge, it's nothing to do with him.

Get the Airport management out on the radio to explain why.

Who are the airport management?  I could not find anything that says who is in charge.