Airport “forgot” to open?

10 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Who are the airport management?  I could not find anything that says who is in charge. 

Ann Reynolds and Jez really. Reynolds is ultimately responsible.

But I believe their line is ‘Aurigny didn’t confirm with us, so it’s their fault’.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're having a laugh! Because bad organisation always starts at the top. IOMG is the epitome of the expression "over managed and under led" and that's how they like it....

Blowing in the wind by now, Gladys. Along with any other truths about what goes on over here half the time, due to a total culture of unaccountability and responsibility within certainly, the upp

Contacts within the airport tell me that the director has issued an email to all airport staff basically exonerating the management team of any responsibility and slapping the blame firmly on Aurigny.

Posted Images

Baker's response seemed honest and appropriate. I also appreciate that he doesn't rush to throw members of his team under the bus (it's probably stuck on Glencrutchery Road anyway ^_^ ).

Where's the IoMG and hangers-on activity to spin something positive around all this coverage though? Surely the Guernsey boys are owed some generous goodwill gestures as a result of the inconvenience they were put to? I'd have thought there could have been some great coverage around them being fêted as a 'sorry we messed up with our guests' gesture. A bit of self-deprecating humour combined with showcasing IoM food / beer / scenery / unique experiences could have been great publicity.

Also interesting to see what comes of the current IoM-Guernsey 'love-in'. Clearly our lot have got their eyes on the Aurigny situation. Let's just hope whatever comes from this is to the net benefit of both islands, rather than IoMG deciding Guernsey gives them licence to set up their own hugely loss-making airline.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Yibble said:

Baker's response seemed honest and appropriate. I also appreciate that he doesn't rush to throw members of his team under the bus (it's probably stuck on Glencrutchery Road anyway ^_^ ).

Where's the IoMG and hangers-on activity to spin something positive around all this coverage though? Surely the Guernsey boys are owed some generous goodwill gestures as a result of the inconvenience they were put to? I'd have thought there could have been some great coverage around them being fêted as a 'sorry we messed up with our guests' gesture. A bit of self-deprecating humour combined with showcasing IoM food / beer / scenery / unique experiences could have been great publicity.

Also interesting to see what comes of the current IoM-Guernsey 'love-in'. Clearly our lot have got their eyes on the Aurigny situation. Let's just hope whatever comes from this is to the net benefit of both islands, rather than IoMG deciding Guernsey gives them licence to set up their own hugely loss-making airline.

We could call ours Airingy.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Gladys said:

Who are the airport management?  I could not find anything that says who is in charge. 

Jeremy Spake?

Ann Reynolds is director of ports

2 hours ago, Yibble said:

I don't think they have but Aurigny loses so much money I’m sure if we can help it expand routes and grow fares it’s a good fit. 

6 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I don't think they have but Aurigny loses so much money I’m sure if we can help it expand routes and grow fares it’s a good fit. 

Well easyJet said they won’t be back until borders open and London city route going so we won’t have many options soon

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well easyJet said they won’t be back until borders open and London city route going so we won’t have many options soon

If the demand exists post Covid the free market will fix it just fine. If the demand doesn't exist then it doesn't matter.

Edited by pongo
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Banker said:

City isn't going. Apparently Aurigny wanted to do Gatwick on top of easy, that won't go down well. Aurigny is a nutcase and the longer Brian Kelly of Richmond / MannLink / whatever else keeps pushing that Agenda the more dangerous it becomes. Aurigny has a stack of £100m worth of losses. Its a basket case.

4 hours ago, NoTailT said:

City isn't going. Apparently Aurigny wanted to do Gatwick on top of easy, that won't go down well. Aurigny is a nutcase and the longer Brian Kelly of Richmond / MannLink / whatever else keeps pushing that Agenda the more dangerous it becomes. Aurigny has a stack of £100m worth of losses. Its a basket case.

Is there any announcement about City. It’s not bookable beyond 30 October on LoganAir. BA at long last, this week, cancelled and refunded, my December flights, having given up on the pretence that they’d Route me via Dublin, 8 hours out and 11 hours back.

10 hours ago, finlo said:

We could call ours Airingy.

Brilliant idea...big longtail logo on the aircraft’s...errrr...tail and chocolate ringys with your tea on the way home.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Brilliant idea...big longtail logo on the aircraft’s...errrr...tail and chocolate ringys with your tea on the way home.

Be very afraid a £7M loss on buses could soon be chicken feed 

3FE72527-88C1-4230-8994-91999D21E582.jpeg

That's a terrifying idea. Buying new planes every year, running ones that are too small on the busy routes, and ones that are too big on the quiet, have a mysterious fleet of little cessnas that no one knows what they're for, trial dial-a-flight out of Andreas Airfield, it would be mad.

• Haha 5
12 hours ago, Gladys said:

Exactly.  I don't want a head on a plate, just someone to take responsibility and not only to apologise for the cock up, but why it took so long for there to be an official response.  I would imagine the break in the chain would have been identified within hours, and the rest of the time has been spent passing the buck. 

Contacts within the airport tell me that the director has issued an email to all airport staff basically exonerating the management team of any responsibility and slapping the blame firmly on Aurigny. What's the betting that behind  closed doors, the fuel landing fees and handling charges at Manchester will be refunded to Aurigny by the Department of Enterprise? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4