Jump to content

Airport “forgot” to open?


Recommended Posts

Just now, Major Rushen said:

So why does the airport not open on a Sunday at 7 to let the papers in?

Too expensive to have all staff in just for a paper plane! Other days there is a mail plane as well 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're having a laugh! Because bad organisation always starts at the top. IOMG is the epitome of the expression "over managed and under led" and that's how they like it....

Blowing in the wind by now, Gladys. Along with any other truths about what goes on over here half the time, due to a total culture of unaccountability and responsibility within certainly, the upp

Contacts within the airport tell me that the director has issued an email to all airport staff basically exonerating the management team of any responsibility and slapping the blame firmly on Aurigny.

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

The papers are flown in when Ben is not scheduled to have an overnight crossing to Heysham. Sometimes it is to give them a maintenance break. At other times, like this last weekend, there is an overnight sailing to Ireland. Ben went to Belfast on Saturday night.

After all Irish sailings were cancelled In March the Ben started going to Belfast on Saturday evenings Every weekend from 19 July, meaning there was no overnight from Heysham to bring in the papers. Hence the plane.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just on news on MR.  the teams stayed on the plane for over two hours, that must have been pleasant :( and on Mannin Line it was said by a caller everyone was there that should have been on duty except the person who opens the doors of the building, I do not know how the people on duty got in.......but there you go...or not as the case may be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gladys said:

My thought too.  I thought you had to file a flight plan, presumably with the destination airport also. 

that will have been shredded by now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mattshaw15 said:

What are you actually talking about?

During ‘normal times when there was a full schedule operating’ the airport has always opened at 6.45 local on a Sunday morning. This information is clearly available on the airport website and the UK AIP air pilot.

You’re suggesting that when the airport is operating with a full schedule and movements it opens later than it does during a global pandemic that has reduced air traffic movements by up to ~90%?

On top of this the airport has worked entirely through the COVID pandemic, even during periods of closure the airport was staffed by ATC and Fire crew to be able to respond for emergency ambulance flights. They are the key workers that you have been clapping for.

Take a moment to think before you spread misinformation and question the flexibility of the staff that have worked tirelessly for you whilst have to deal with a twerp like Spake.

Do you not get on with the Airport Deputy Director then?  :whistling:

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mattshaw15 said:

 

DB3DEAB0-7E44-4357-9A31-FC9567D7B275.png

What exactly is his job at the airport now?, I assume he was brought in to help run the airport as the ever so modest Ms Reynolds had such a lot to deal with running the busy harbours as well as our international airport, but now she seems to have scuttled back to just the airport surely his job will have disappeared.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

What exactly is his job at the airport now?, I assume he was brought in to help run the airport as the ever so modest Ms Reynolds had such a lot to deal with running the busy harbours as well as our international airport, but now she seems to have scuttled back to just the airport surely his job will have disappeared.

 

Or maybe Reynolds will disappear.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

One might wonder just how there's enough publicly notifiable work being generated that requires distribution to the greater world to justify the employment of all these people.

And if I was Mary Doyle I think I'd be keeping a low profile. Though she probably already is. When were there last any justifiable updates or releases re. the Prom?

You're likely mistaking what I imagine is a full service communications function with that of a press office.

As for 'justifiable' updates on Prom work, Google and/or a set of eyeballs on location are your friend.  I go through most days - lots changing frequently.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

What exactly is his job at the airport now?, I assume he was brought in to help run the airport as the ever so modest Ms Reynolds had such a lot to deal with running the busy harbours as well as our international airport, but now she seems to have scuttled back to just the airport surely his job will have disappeared.

 

Word from people that work at the airport is that ‘Dr’ Jeremy Spake was hired to replace the outgoing Aerodrome Operations Manager. Of his own volition he began correcting people that referred to him as AOM and insisted on ‘Just call me Dad!!’. This continued to the point that he is now accepted as the ‘Deputy Airport Director’. This little move seemingly comes with a pay hike to Director scales - which are unavailable to us the public...as for what he does? Divides and demoralises.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mongoose-Man said:

You're likely mistaking what I imagine is a full service communications function with that of a press office.

As for 'justifiable' updates on Prom work, Google and/or a set of eyeballs on location are your friend.  I go through most days - lots changing frequently.

If contributions on other threads are accurate and anything to go by, the "lots changing" will be operatives finding new functions on their mobile phones.

And if the way of finding out about any changes is for the tax-paying public to use Google or their own Mk1 eyeballs - what's the point of having people involved in communications in the first instance?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mattshaw15 said:

Word from people that work at the airport is that ‘Dr’ Jeremy Spake was hired to replace the outgoing Aerodrome Operations Manager. Of his own volition he began correcting people that referred to him as AOM and insisted on ‘Just call me Dad!!’. This continued to the point that he is now accepted as the ‘Deputy Airport Director’. This little move seemingly comes with a pay hike to Director scales - which are unavailable to us the public...as for what he does? Divides and demoralises.

This is all good fun as Matt Shaw is Mr Spakes chum. He clearly isn't very popular either. 

20200810_175059.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, fredtosser said:

This is all good fun as Matt Shaw is Mr Spakes chum. He clearly isn't very popular either. 

20200810_175059.jpg

The one thing you can be sure of is that Mattshaw and Matthew Shaw aren’t one and the same. Just waiting for a formal complaint.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The MR news reports that Aurigny is investigating but nothing from the airport or DOI, not even that they are looking into it.  Staggering!

It sounds like the ATC and the fire service were there, they are in buildings away from the terminal, but the terminal itself was shut.  Even more staggering!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

The MR news reports that Aurigny is investigating but nothing from the airport or DOI, not even that they are looking into it.  Staggering!

It sounds like the ATC and the fire service were there, they are in buildings away from the terminal, but the terminal itself was shut.  Even more staggering!

If ATC etc were there, why didn’t they just land at Iom and wait on plane for the bloke with keys to turn up rather than sit at Manchester Airport?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...