Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Southfork

Airport “forgot” to open?

22 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Sorry, a more succinct response is that it is Aurignys fault but that our Govt do not want to put the blame on our new found friends?

Your head has taken a right knock hasn't it?

42 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Also, RWY opened at 11am, Aurigny landed at 12.30? What happened in that gap?

MCR are a busy airport, could that have explained the delay??? Or were the subsequent phone calls a part of the problem? RWY stayed open later for them to complete, whatr?, a bloody rugby game!

Was that an expense 'we' should not have paid for?

I don't think they stayed open late for the rugby team as I read somewhere that they are here all week?

17 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Your head has taken a right knock hasn't it?

Just as yours will when your wife and daughter find out that you are willing to label then as '' scum bags '' if they do anything wrong!!!

Last response to you Sultan, if you are so dishonest in your responses as to label your wife and daughter? as scum bags in order to excuse your description of the MIRA cheat as such, then you deserve all that is coming to you?

If your wife wants  evidence of your lack of support for her in her divorce proceedings,  put her in touch with me here....

Fancy labeling your wife or daughter as a scum bag to support your own extreme views on a fatuous forum?

Bye bye

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, finlo said:

I don't think they stayed open late for the rugby team as I read somewhere that they are here all week?

Was reported as so. To allow the matches to take place?

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Bye bye

You need an ice pack on your head. Your reply to me is in the wrong thread for a start. And anyway the woman is a thief and a scumbag I have no issue in saying that. If you don't like that then that’s fine but she has defrauded the public purse and stolen taxpayers money by filing a false claim in a job that she is paid to do by the very same taxpayer. I’m sure most honest, law abiding, diligent, public sector workers fully accept what a completely shitty and unacceptable thing she did not try to justify it like you. But that was another thread. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

9 hours ago, Kopek said:

Also, RWY opened at 11am, Aurigny landed at 12.30? What happened in that gap?

MCR are a busy airport, could that have explained the delay??? Or were the subsequent phone calls a part of the problem? RWY stayed open later for them to complete, whatr?, a bloody rugby game!

Was that an expense 'we' should not have paid for?

Don't be silly Kopek. The Airport may have opened at 11am, but then the baggage handlers have to put the kettle on and have their first tea break and the duty airport security chap normally goes for his leisurely dump reading the latest edition of Viz. Then they give ATC the thumbs up.

As for the incident as a whole, I'm sure another DOI howler will come along any day soon that was eclipse this one by a factor of at a least 3.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Major Rushen said:

Where was the department of tourism / sport welcoming party and the press for the photo shoot?

Banging on the front door.

Thinking, how the fuck am I going to pay for my ticket to get out the car park.

Edited by Holte End
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Manx Bean said:

Don't be silly Kopek. The Airport may have opened at 11am, but then the baggage handlers have to put the kettle on and have their first tea break and the duty airport security chap normally goes for his leisurely dump reading the latest edition of Viz. Then they give ATC the thumbs up.

As for the incident as a whole, I'm sure another DOI howler will come along any day soon that was eclipse this one by a factor of at a least 3.

More to the point, a large part of the delay in Manchester likely would have been getting a slot to depart.  You would think it took a matter of minutes to figure out what was wrong at Ronaldsway and perhaps a little longer to mobilise the necessary staff to handle the arrival. 

2 hours ago, Cypman said:

Has “accountability” been removed from the dictionary ?

It was never in it above a certain pay grade. This management failure is very near the top so nothing will happen. It doesn't look good. A lower order employee would've had their life and career wrecked but senior executives are well insulated from the consequences (or potential consequences) of their actions and decisions. Make no mistake though, this was professional negligence at the very highest level. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This is why, across the board, we waste so much taxpayers money, cockup after cockup and no one accountable !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cypman said:

Has “accountability” been removed from the dictionary ?

Was it even in there to start with?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

More to the point, a large part of the delay in Manchester likely would have been getting a slot to depart.  You would think it took a matter of minutes to figure out what was wrong at Ronaldsway and perhaps a little longer to mobilise the necessary staff to handle the arrival. 

But if that was the case, why didn't the plane just circle around a bit waiting for someone to find the key or whatever?  Clearly there was no one in charge prepared (or able to) to make the decision. 

I would have thought a slot for departure from Manchester would be easy in current circumstances, I doubt they are operating at even half their normal capacity.  Though there would have been some procedures to go through because of the unexpected landing and they wouldn't have taken off without being certain that everything was sorted out.

The whole way this has been handled is symptomatic of how problems are dealt with here at the moment.  No admission that anything has gone wrong till a day and a half afterwards, and then vague apologies and no real explanation.  They blame things abstractly on 'poor communications' and then communicate it poorly.  It's not so much a lack of accountability as a lack of responsibility.  The system is set up so no one really responsible for deciding and carrying out things (hence all those committee meetings to blur who should) so no one is ever to blame.  The trouble is that the system leads to a lot more going wrong than a delayed rugby match.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

But if that was the case, why didn't the plane just circle around a bit waiting for someone to find the key or whatever?  Clearly there was no one in charge prepared (or able to) to make the decision. 

I would have thought a slot for departure from Manchester would be easy in current circumstances, I doubt they are operating at even half their normal capacity.  Though there would have been some procedures to go through because of the unexpected landing and they wouldn't have taken off without being certain that everything was sorted out.

The whole way this has been handled is symptomatic of how problems are dealt with here at the moment.  No admission that anything has gone wrong till a day and a half afterwards, and then vague apologies and no real explanation.  They blame things abstractly on 'poor communications' and then communicate it poorly.  It's not so much a lack of accountability as a lack of responsibility.  The system is set up so no one really responsible for deciding and carrying out things (hence all those committee meetings to blur who should) so no one is ever to blame.  The trouble is that the system leads to a lot more going wrong than a delayed rugby match.

Spot on Roger.