DHSC administrator admits MERA fraud

thesultanofsheight

What a silly woman potentially ruined her life one way or another.   I wonder if she had robbed an ordinary business she would have gone to prison ?   I do not condone stealing but lately people have done worse and got off with less I think community work would have been more appropriate.  The sentencing seems to vary a lot lately.

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

I think what that means is that she had processed other fraudulent claims (not from other staff members, but from the public) and rather than reporting them had decided to get in on the action.

Ooh good. They should know who the fraudulent claimants were then, perhaps? Further name and shame time. Purely in the public interest you understand  :lol:

2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

What a silly woman potentially ruined her life one way or another.   I wonder if she had robbed an ordinary business she would have gone to prison ?   I do not condone stealing but lately people have done worse and got off with less I think community work would have been more appropriate.  The sentencing seems to vary a lot lately.

Hopefully she has ruined her life - greedy bitch - nobody wants to employ a tea leaf so hopefully a life on benefits awaits her when she gets out. She had a position of responsibility and no doubt like some of the others there enjoyed sneering down her nose at some of the benefit claimants they regard and pondlife when actually she was a worse form of pond life - a self entitled thief paid by the taxpayer. She probably thought that all the genuine claimants were piss takers so she thought she’d help herself before all the money was gone. No sympathy at all. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

6 hours ago, hissingsid said:

The sentencing seems to vary a lot lately.

The capricious nature of judicial decisions on the Isle of Man outstrips anywhere else on earth I’d say.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Couple who assaulted another couple in a row over a taxi just got suspended sentences and fined.   So do you think assaulting people is worse than nicking a grand ?

They should be in the nick too. Anybody committing assault should be behind bars.

The thieving Civil Servant deserves what she got. Sounds like she thought it would just be enough turning up at court with a cheque.

21 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Couple who assaulted another couple in a row over a taxi just got suspended sentences and fined.   So do you think assaulting people is worse than nicking a grand ?

I don't know that story, but I think it depends on the severity of the assault.

However, this isn't just nicking an opportunistic nicking of grand. It's premeditated, it's a betrayal of a position of trust, it's taking taxpayer's money that's intended to help those in need.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We don't know this Womans character, other than that she could be tempted to steal but it, the lenient sentence,  could be a judicial decision taking into account the likely effect the sentence will have on her? they may have judged that that effect could be greater than on other people?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kopek said:

We don't know this Womans character, other than that she could be tempted to steal but it, the lenient sentence,  could be a judicial decision taking into account the likely effect the sentence will have on her? they may have judged that that effect could be greater than on other people?

So what position is a million miles left of left ffs. Come on Kopek. She is a thief and nothing more. 
You’re going to melt this weemend with temperatures about 18 degrees.