I decided to buy ASUS aimesh gear to get decent WiFi throughout the house. The result is spectacular,  unfortunately I can't get the gear to act as a router, just as an access point. I have tried using the poxy technicolor thing in modem mode and also a Draytek Vigor 130 in normal and bridged modes. Anyone got aimesh to talk to MT?

Which ones did you get?

I played around with the RT-AX92U set which are just mesh access points and still need a modem to provide the back haul.

There are Ai-Mesh routers rather than just the mesh access points, it should be fairly obvious if you have the router or the access points.

7 hours ago, immortalpuppet said:

Which ones did you get?

I played around with the RT-AX92U set which are just mesh access points and still need a modem to provide the back haul.

There are Ai-Mesh routers rather than just the mesh access points, it should be fairly obvious if you have the router or the access points.

I have 1 x RT-AC880 and 2 X RT-AC68U. Working as access points they are great. Trouble is that I am not using half the facilities as they are also routers. You are right about the modem. I have a Draytek vigor 130. So far I can't get the ASUS to authenticate. 

Weirdly got it working today. Got new router from MT,set it into bridge mode. 

One of the ASUS boxes logged in after a few minutes trying. Another one, on same settings would not log in at all.