Unemployed are lazy twats (says gov)

8 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

You’d hate to be unemployed in this environment when even the benefits staff think they can get away delivering a massive FU to the people they are employed to actually help. 

I don't know if you've ever had to deal with Markwell House Sultan, but that's the default setting from my experience.

• Like 2
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Listening to the clip, she doesn't actually say that, just that job seekers need to look at improving their skills and so on.  Which is fine, except where does she expect them to get advice on how to

The only difference between the average unemployed person and about half of government employees is that the latter are paid more.

It’s what you produce when you eat too many green vegetables! 

30 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I don't know if you've ever had to deal with Markwell House Sultan, but that's the default setting from my experience.

Yes I know I’ve heard several stories. I think someone should be asking questions about this to be honest. People need direct support and help at this stage so how the fuck can the solution be to stop talking to people and force them to use online services instead with something as important and potentially psychologically damaging as unemployment? You can guess there won’t be any headcount savings either. We couldn't actually make a job centre employee redundant or unemployed as a result of support moving online. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 2

They are truly a bunch of lazy gits

"This is an automated response.

Thank you for contacting the Income Tax and National Insurance Division. If your enquiry requires a response we aim to respond within 10 working days. Depending on the nature of your enquiry you may be asked KYC (Know Your Customer) security questions before we are able to provide confidential information. "

10 feckin days to answer a simple question. The response does suggest calling them but past experience of that means you sit listening to elevator music until you lose the will to live

Edited by Neil Down
  • Like 1
On 8/20/2020 at 1:02 PM, Southfork said:

I found this statement quite terrible given the current climate 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/job-seekers-need-to-do-more-to-find-work/

So despite record unemployment those unfortunately made unemployed as a result of Covid apparently aren’t trying hard enough says person in charge of the job centre. Might it be the fact that there aren’t actually jobs for them to do? Or that most of the jobs advertised at the job centre seem to require skills that most Manx people don’t have (ie, being able to speak Mandarin)?

Anyway the job centre thinks all you unemployed people are lazy twats so just try harder in applying for those jobs as the Jobcentre has now gone online so that they can all work from home and consequently will be trying less harder to get you jobs or support your needs in future. So you now need to try harder so they can continue to work from home!

Ridiculous to attack people for not doing more to find work when there literally is no work or when there is there are so many other people applying because of lay offs caused by the virus lockdown. What exactly is she proposing?

I wouldn't wish her to lose her job but it would be interesting, if she did, to see how quickly she is able to get another job in the current economic environment.

She can't be very competent at her job if she's clueless about current labour market trends. Another jobsworth living in a bubble.

Edited by ThreeRaccoonsInATrenchCoat
  • Like 1

There are hundreds of unfilled job vacancies. The Govt tells us so, it must be true.

Personally, I'd love to comb through the offerings on the DfE/DED site and find out exactly how many are duplicated via multiple agencies and how many have requirements that are actually likely to be met by our ranks of unemployed. I'd say that would reduce the posted vacancies by 50%.

As previously posted, don't even start me on the rigmarole of applying for Govt vacancies on the JobTrain site.

On 8/20/2020 at 7:06 PM, Neil Down said:

Thank you for contacting the Income Tax and National Insurance Division. If your enquiry requires a response we aim to respond within 10 working days. Depending on the nature of your enquiry you may be asked KYC (Know Your Customer) security questions before we are able to provide confidential information. "

10 feckin days to answer a simple question. The response does suggest calling them but past experience of that means you sit listening to elevator music until you lose the will to live

I’ve emailed a query about tax twice now I can’t complete my return until I get the advice.

• Like 1
On 8/20/2020 at 7:06 PM, Neil Down said:

In my experience you will get an email within 10 days asking you for your NI number, confirm email address, full postal address, DOB etc to meet security questions and when you reply you will get a further automated response same as first one so probably take 3 weeks minimum for response.

• Like 2