Manncoin new cryptocurrency

3 hours ago, wrighty said:

I’m definitely investing in this. I’ve just seen some magic beans for sale on FB and the vendors will only take Manncoin. 

But be careful...Manncoin is a craptocurrency.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't believe in any 'Manx Tech' company that can't even stick an SSL cert on their site. Even a free one would do. I also like to know who the fuck people are.  

I’m definitely investing in this. I’ve just seen some magic beans for sale on FB and the vendors will only take Manncoin. 

Among several upcoming projects, this one in particular caught my eye. What could possibly go wrong?

Posted Images

5 hours ago, VinnieK said:

The promotional material is amazing...

image.thumb.png.e3b70b6ebb6cbc80c22bdb2a11581588.png

Well, if Putin wants in on it, it must be fantastic! And the Founder of the Swedish Pirate Party is certainly a big cheese worth listening to, or so I assume since this is the first time I've heard of him. 

Wow! And there's Bill Gates and Jon Donahoe! They're so important that it doesn't even matter that the only places I can find their supposed quotes are on iffy looking crypto pages (or that 'digital currency' isn't necessarily the same thing as cryptocurrency). Gimme! gimme gimme gimme!

Jesus wept.

Yes indeed...promoting yourselves using a quote from a murderous despotic gangster is a bold move.

(For clarity, that’s Putin, not Gates).

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Heard of it before but didn't realise they were launching it now and trying to go big. It's meant to be a stablecoin if I remember correctly although the white paper doesn't directly say that. https://manncoin.im/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Manncoin-Whitepaper-Version-2.3.pdf It's generally on the light side which isn't great. 

Putting quotes by Bill Gates etc on the site is silly of course but there is somewhat of a space for a proper stablecoin I believe, and I and others were thinking about this in the past. This seems like a normal coin now, though, and the risk of course is that nobody is using it and the currency becomes (or stays) worthless. Anyone can create a coin and for users there is also the risk of someone doing a pump and dump. I also really don't like the way the people behind it seem to be hiding. Not a single name to be found on the site. By all means download the wallet and use the airdrop, but otherwise I would proceed with caution. 

It must have cost them quite a bit to advertise on the front page and wrap around of the Courier. I’m betting this little venture will be endorsed by HRH The Chief Minister and Skelly as the answer to all our prayers!

Those lovely facebook thingummies that promise free holidays because the last winner didnt claim, and all we need are your personal details.

This is one of those.

I vaguely recall someone trying to get this off the ground 4-5 years ago and it going nowhere. Now we have our super-Dee-duper e-gaming economy, I'm sure another garbled ICO is just what Mr Skelly ordered.

19 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

Isn't Manx Technology Group a completely different company? I know the MF connection to that one.

Completely different company with no association/relationship/business dealings whatsoever.

It's unfortunate the name is so similar as it's causing some confusion and misassociation, particularly given the crypto element.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, joeyconcrete said:

Completely different company with no association/relationship/business dealings whatsoever.

It's unfortunate the name is so similar as it's causing some confusion and misassociation, particularly given the crypto element.

Sorry if I added to the confusion in my posts above but really companies registry shouldn't allow anything that close to be registered. If it all goes tits you guys are going to be fighting some flack. 

10 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Sorry if I added to the confusion in my posts above but really companies registry shouldn't allow anything that close to be registered. If it all goes tits you guys are going to be fighting some flack. 

No problem. Your confusion kind of emphasises the fact the registry should have noticed the similarity. You’re also not the first. Having to tell people we’re not launching a new digital currency is tiresome.. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, joeyconcrete said:

No problem. Your confusion kind of emphasises the fact the registry should have noticed the similarity. You’re also not the first. Having to tell people we’re not launching a new digital currency is tiresome.. 

Well then maybe you should? It would be amusing for their publicity efforts to help to launch a competitor!

40 minutes ago, joeyconcrete said:

I was more thinking that if it massively goes wrong you don't want to suffer through name association. Amazed they allowed something that close to be registered myself. 

22 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I'd be suspicious of any company operating out of those hot desks in Queen Victoria house myself, like that Ettyl fights one that was making noises just before the 'rona.

Hi,

The Hubb is my business. It's a 10,000sqft complex and nobody we have 'operating' out of there is on hot desks. They're all private offices that go through the same due diligence / KYC process of any other office space you might be taking out.

I should make clear: Manx Tech / MannCoin & Ettyl both maintain offices within the space to date. Hubb - nor it's directors - has any direct involvement in MannCoin other than the fact we provide some degree of advice and facilitate their physical existence here. The owner/director is a Manx resident though and they have been through the Department for Enterprise Blockchain Office too. 

CC: @thesultanofsheight in response to your above too, hope that helps clarify.

Edited by jaymann