Manncoin new cryptocurrency

Banker

2 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

Interesting bit is they want to do KYC etc on all holders while the team themselves remain anonymous .

Cannot see anything in the whitepaper about who is  behind this.

That was what struck me as well.  Normally these projects are only too willing to make a big thing about "Meet the Team" with much bragging about experience and cute photos of everyone from the top down to the intern and the cat.  But there's nothing here.

4 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

That was what struck me as well.  Normally these projects are only too willing to make a big thing about "Meet the Team" with much bragging about experience and cute photos of everyone from the top down to the intern and the cat.  But there's nothing here.

It’s a good point. Company number is 132297C so at least it’s not a new Manx company so you will be able to find the directors and shareholders after paying a few quid. I wouldn’t give my CDD to anyone who isn’t prepared to let me know who they are though without a doubt - and certainly if they wont put their biog details on their own website. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I wouldn’t give my CDD to anyone who isn’t prepared to let me know who they are though without a doubt - and certainly if they wont put their biog details on their own website. 

None of the exchanges I have used have details on their sites about who works at them. Which is probably sensible. All required KYC info - it's the law in all regulated jurisdictions.

I realise that this thing isn't an exchange as such.

[Personally I'm not interested though]

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pongo said:

None of the exchanges I have used have details on their sites about who works at them. Which is probably sensible. All required KYC info - it's the law in all regulated jurisdictions.

I realise that this thing isn't an exchange as such.

[Personally I'm not interested though]

Well that's not quite accurate. Take CoinCorner for example. Local exchange, many staff members active on social media in own names for the company. Very open about things, as it should be. Many other exchanges have their CEOs and staff posting openly. manncoin seems very secret and that's something I don't like in this context. If someone is indeed doing an ICO in the post-ICO age (haven't they heard of Defi?) then it should be ultra transparent. Their CEO is on Linkedin at least: https://www.linkedin.com/in/martin-aram-a8a33319/ 

38 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Take CoinCorner for example. Local exchange, many staff members active on social media in own names for the company. Very open about things, as it should be. 

I don't see anything on their site about who they are. Perhaps I am missing the link.

I basically agree about things being open - although I don't believe that staff should personally be expected to be front and centre. That kind of culture can be quite toxic.

Also - as a consumer I am often suspicious of young companies which have too much public emphasis on who their team are, what their hobbies are, photographs etc. I'd rather deal with numbers and facts. Uptime, fees, transaction times, regulatory stuff etc.

On 8/31/2020 at 9:24 PM, jaymann said:

The Hubb is my business. It's a 10,000sqft complex and nobody we have 'operating' out of there is on hot desks. They're all private offices that go through the same due diligence / KYC process of any other office space you might be taking out.

I should make clear: Manx Tech / MannCoin & Ettyl both maintain offices within the space to date. Hubb - nor it's directors - has any direct involvement in MannCoin other than the fact we provide some degree of advice and facilitate their physical existence here. The owner/director is a Manx resident though and they have been through the Department for Enterprise Blockchain Office too. 

jaymann - but surely you are involved if you provide a RO and 'some degree of advice'?

The person behind Manncoin is Martin Aram. He offered his Lambo as a prize incentive last year to 'one lucky investor'. Funnily enough no one met the qualifying criteria and after the post questioning him on LinkedIn the YouTube link was removed  https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6706189754343542785/?commentUrn=urn%3Ali%3Acomment%3A(activity%3A6705864049537626112%2C6706189677856194560)

The white paper is 18 pages long and very light in content.

Are they in the Blockchain Office? Are they DBA registered?

Invest, I suggest, at your own (extremely high) risk! 

2 hours ago, Get a life said:

jaymann - but surely you are involved if you provide a RO and 'some degree of advice'?

The person behind Manncoin is Martin Aram. He offered his Lambo as a prize incentive last year to 'one lucky investor'. Funnily enough no one met the qualifying criteria and after the post questioning him on LinkedIn the YouTube link was removed  https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6706189754343542785/?commentUrn=urn%3Ali%3Acomment%3A(activity%3A6705864049537626112%2C6706189677856194560)

The white paper is 18 pages long and very light in content.

Are they in the Blockchain Office? Are they DBA registered?

Invest, I suggest, at your own (extremely high) risk! 

Provision of a registered office isn't a service we provide, we aren't a CSP,  Fiduciary, law firm or otherwise.

It is a natural provision by way of our business as we are - in essence - a property business that rents out office space. A space that requires business substance, ie actual jobs and bums on seats.

They have made and been in contact with the Government Blockchain Office and I believe they were advised by the FSA that they were not required to be registered for anything, but that may well change. The 'Blockchain Office' model is changing and I'd expect the changes will enable some participation by MannCoin in the new structure.

I/we are not involved with the business, they are our customer by way of renting and office along with ~20 other businesses. But we are an incubator and our job is to enable businesses within our space to do business with eachother and we are there to advise and support where we can, or make introductions to those with expertise when needed.

This is another strong reason to do this:  

On 5/19/2020 at 4:27 PM, Josem said:

Abolish the blockchain office.

We don't have a MS Access office. We don't have a SQL office. Creating a regulatory regime for one politically-favoured form of storing data electronically is, at best, a waste of taxpayer money, and at worst, an opportunity for crony capitalism and regulatory capture.

• Like 3