Manncoin new cryptocurrency

31 minutes ago, Josem said:

This is another strong reason to do this:  

Flawed thinking and just suggests you have no understanding of the technology or its use. The BCO has financially justified itself pretty well in its first 12 months of operation.

Also whilst MannCoin has been in dialogue with the 'Blockchain Office' it is not a member of it. I certainly wouldn't define it a as a catalyst for sudden abolishment of the Gov piece.

Edited by jaymann
  • Like 1
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't believe in any 'Manx Tech' company that can't even stick an SSL cert on their site. Even a free one would do. I also like to know who the fuck people are.  

I’m definitely investing in this. I’ve just seen some magic beans for sale on FB and the vendors will only take Manncoin. 

Among several upcoming projects, this one in particular caught my eye. What could possibly go wrong?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jaymann said:

Flawed thinking and just suggests you have no understanding of the technology or its use. The BCO has financially justified itself pretty well in its first 12 months of operation.

Also whilst MannCoin has been in dialogue with the 'Blockchain Office' it is not a member of it. I certainly wouldn't define it a as a catalyst for sudden abolishment of the Gov piece.

Are there accounts, stats etc that we could refer to? 

2 hours ago, Josem said:

This is another strong reason to do this:  

On 5/19/2020 at 4:27 PM, Josem said:

Abolish the blockchain office.

We don't have a MS Access office. We don't have a SQL office. Creating a regulatory regime for one politically-favoured form of storing data electronically is, at best, a waste of taxpayer money, and at worst, an opportunity for crony capitalism and regulatory capture.

I'd been tempted to quote that earlier in this topic, but as you didn't put it in your manifesto, I wasn't sure whether you still agreed with it.;)

That said I'm not really sure what the Blockchain Office consists of at the moment, though as the Hubb still advertises itself as The Blockchain Hub of the Isle of Man, what it is, it's there.  Certainly Digital Isle of Man is shown as part of the Hubb 'family' though how many of the ten in the Digital IOM 'Team', work there on on the subject I don't know. 

1 hour ago, Twitch said:

Are there accounts, stats etc that we could refer to? 

I'm not sure where they can be found, but the details were disclosed during a workshop held by Digital Agency a number of weeks back.

I'd been tempted to quote that earlier in this topic, but as you didn't put it in your manifesto, I wasn't sure whether you still agreed with it.;)

That said I'm not really sure what the Blockchain Office consists of at the moment, though as the Hubb still advertises itself as The Blockchain Hub of the Isle of Man, what it is, it's there.  Certainly Digital Isle of Man is shown as part of the Hubb 'family' though how many of the ten in the Digital IOM 'Team', work there on on the subject I don't know. 

@Roger Mexico The model seems to be changing - from a Gov perspective - to make the Island's blockchain proposition more appealing.

Digital Agency maintains a presence at the Hubb, although somewhat reduced from what it was in the first 12 months and the incubator is adapting to the needs of the Island in how we support existing on-Island businesses to survive the current economic crisis or support people in launching businesses in other sectors outside of our usual focus.

The suggestion that the launch of a single cryptocurrency on the Island (there's others already here, by the way) should be some form of catalyst for the abolition of the Government team working to support and grow the sector is an uneducated one. It's a regulatory minefield and needs joined up thinking. It shouldn't be propped by Gov in the long term - that I will agree - but during this maturing phase it needs that hands on development that joins up with the regulators or you very much pose a reputational risk to the Island if it isn't managed well at this point.

Some key points of success that as a private business we have achieved but not really talked much about;

- Substantial investment in creating some 12,500sqft of incubation space for the Island.
- Supported the creation of ~20 jobs in the blockchain sector on the Island.
- Brought a new licensed gambling operator to the Island - which has some overlap in to the blockchain/crypto spectrum - with projected job creation in the years to come in the several hundred.

This is what we do as a private sector business. Not 'hot desking' like many seem to keep saying.

Edited by jaymann
On 9/1/2020 at 8:00 AM, pongo said:

I don't see anything on their site about who they are. Perhaps I am missing the link.

I basically agree about things being open - although I don't believe that staff should personally be expected to be front and centre. That kind of culture can be quite toxic.

Also - as a consumer I am often suspicious of young companies which have too much public emphasis on who their team are, what their hobbies are, photographs etc. I'd rather deal with numbers and facts. Uptime, fees, transaction times, regulatory stuff etc.

The coincorner guys are all active online under their own names. Just check Twitter. Very open and transparent about who they are. 

6 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

The coincorner guys are all active online under their own names. Just check Twitter. Very open and transparent about who they are. 

They have less need to be too. CoinCorner are an exchange. They're not trying to launch their own coin...

11 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

How do you find their names? The About Us page doesn't really tell you much, unless you're prepared to go digging through links to third party articles.

@jaymann Why don’t you get your buddy from Manncoin on to explain why he didn’t pay out on the offer for his Lambo? Why he then removed his YouTube video when called out about this on LinkedIn? Maybe he could even provide some substantial detail on his coin.......

My bet is that in the near future this will be creating the wrong headlines for the IoM unless of course people are sensible enough not to ‘invest’. 

34 minutes ago, Get a life said:

@jaymann Why don’t you get your buddy from Manncoin on to explain why he didn’t pay out on the offer for his Lambo? Why he then removed his YouTube video when called out about this on LinkedIn? Maybe he could even provide some substantial detail on his coin.......

My bet is that in the near future this will be creating the wrong headlines for the IoM unless of course people are sensible enough not to ‘invest’. 

It's not really something you can call me out on, nor is it for me to tell someone to register here to reply when there's questions inevitably coming from all angles. But I believe they're aware of this thread.

I honestly wasn't aware of the Lambo or anything surrounding it up until reading it online recently and we've been notified that an FAQ is now up at https://manncoin.im/faq/

My honest view - and I'm sure the folk at MannCoin won't mind me publicly saying this - is that it seems bonkers that the FSA wouldn't want to regulate or have any degree of oversight. They've been categorically told this and it is therefore the regulator that is allowing any potential reputational risk from any new digital currency launched from the Island.

It is the duty of the Government and the regulator IMO to create a safe regulated environment on the Island for this type of activity.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, The Old Git said:

So they’re still hiding their identities?

They explain in their FAQs:

Who is behind Manncoin?

ManxTech Limited is the company that has funded Manncoin and is using Manncoin as a marketing opportunity for it’s future Blockchain Applications, which will be for profit. The personal details of the developers behind Manncoin are not relevant. As no one is investing or buying Manncoin we feel there is no requirement to share their identities at this stage in the project. ManxTech also wishes to protect its developers from personal attacks and online Trolls.

Poor dears.

• Like 1

I’m not that bothered as I won’t be “investing”.  I just find it curious that in two bitcoin related sites mentioned in this thread the About Us tells me very little about them.