Staycationed? Give us the details.

Staycation location.

Ramsey Park 

Any good?

Nope - bloody awful. 

Laxey Pavilion Cafe

God that place is noisy. Echoing everywhere.  The bloke was seconds away from getting a battering with a tray while he continually rattled the cups on the top of the coffee machine. Left there in a hurry and it was pissing down outside.

Conrods - Ramsey, for breakfast - yummy or what!  Worth the walk from the park to actually get served.

The American diner place in the square in Ramsey, yep, I’d go there again.

Ticket Hall Douglas, yep, another breakfast spot for returning to.

The Grosvenor pub in Andreas, going back there in a hurry.

The BIG motor Museum in Jurby, I’ll give it another couple of years before I go back, but OK.  (They may take cash by then).

The Shed in Laxey.  Very nice.

Eden Park for breakfast ... never been disappointed.

well, that was a busy week off work.

• Like 1

Not based on staycation experiences, but the Mad Hatter and the Mitre in Ramsey are also really good.  Haven't tried the Gelatory yet, but I'm guessing they're good since they always seem to be doing a roaring trade.

Ramsey's easily my favourite town, with Port Erin/Port St Mary as a close second.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, ThreeRaccoonsInATrenchCoat said:

The Alpine in Douglas has some delicious meals. It's become my favourite place to go in Douglas.

How much do they charge for bed and breakfast?

1 hour ago, South cape said:

I would give a second vote for the shed , if its the one on ham and egg terrace  , tasty burgers and bacon baps etc . only been open a couple of weeks but seems to have a bit of a following in the village 

Isn't the shed on the prom?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, 2bees said:

My friends said Ramsey Park was ace, for £99 they got bed, breakfast, an evening meal and a bottle of wine. I'd go for that alone :)

We had that booked.   Under staffed and under managed.  The waiting time for service is incredible.  They even forgot to service our room so had to find someone to get clean towels at 10pm.  The heating in the place seems to be set at thermo nuclear and the only ventilation is a Tesco fan and an open window.

• Like 1

The Shed is the old loo block along the Prom.  The last building before the little green area with BBQ plots and then, right at the end is the rock infested house that no one wants.  

16 hours ago, x-in-man said:

We had that booked.   Under staffed and under managed.  The waiting time for service is incredible.  They even forgot to service our room so had to find someone to get clean towels at 10pm.  The heating in the place seems to be set at thermo nuclear and the only ventilation is a Tesco fan and an open window.

Is pretty much what my friends said too but they had a nice time and said that the staff were super nice. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2020 at 4:27 PM, South cape said:

I would give a second vote for the shed , if its the one on ham and egg terrace  , tasty burgers and bacon baps etc . only been open a couple of weeks but seems to have a bit of a following in the village 

Is that Browns Caffee ?

On 9/8/2020 at 3:08 PM, 2bees said:

My friends said Ramsey Park was ace, for £99 they got bed, breakfast, an evening meal and a bottle of wine. I'd go for that alone :)

The Ramsey Park Hotel is a great place to stay for a night, and a great meal, only one slight problem though, reception is next to the restaurant, so anyone checking into the hotel can see who is in the restaurant, and anyone in the restaurant can see who is checking in to the hotel, not a problem, unless you happen to be going there with someone you are not supposed to be there with, i e ( someone else's wife ).

• Haha 1