Staycationed? Give us the details.

3 hours ago, LightBulb said:

The Ramsey Park Hotel is a great place to stay for a night, and a great meal, only one slight problem though, reception is next to the restaurant, so anyone checking into the hotel can see who is in the restaurant, and anyone in the restaurant can see who is checking in to the hotel, not a problem, unless you happen to be going there with someone you are not supposed to be there with, i e ( someone else's wife ).

serves them right then. Shouldn't be with someone else's wife...

• Haha 1

Another vote for "The Park is terrible" here. Stayed there for a week last month. Got up one morning and went down for breakfast and they hadn't even got it ready. I went to ask a member of staff to be met with a "Don't even talk to me. I'm not in the mood". Terrible service, horrible staff.

6 hours ago, Butterflies said:

Another vote for "The Park is terrible" here. Stayed there for a week last month. Got up one morning and went down for breakfast and they hadn't even got it ready. I went to ask a member of staff to be met with a "Don't even talk to me. I'm not in the mood". Terrible service, horrible staff.

I think the staff are terribly stressed and arguing with each other. Was advised that Sunday breakfast would be busy from 9am so went down at 8am. Despite there only being four other people there for breakfast it still took half an hour to get served, and then my coffee cup had lipstick on the rim. 

18 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

I take it you didn’t have piss head drunks in the dining room at 7pm and then rampaging along the corridors outside your room until about 3am?

I didn’t eat there, and was probably a piss head myself at 2am, but I tend to be quiet and crash out rather than rampage. 

• Haha 1

We stayed there for a night, and other than melting in a very hot room (my suggestion to them was to install AC) it was an enjoyable stay and we enjoyed nice meal. Breakfast was good too. It was a bargain for £99. Whilst walking back in to the hotel in the evening I overheard two 60 somethings discussing in all seriousness whether they should go dogging after dinner. Only in Ramsey.